Sign In


Contact Us

Office of Supportive Housing
1401 JFK Boulevard, 10th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Emergency Housing Intake:

Appletree Family Intake Center (Single Women & Families) 
1430 Cherry Street
M-F; 7am-3pm

The Red Shield (After Hours Reception for Single Women with Families)
715 N. Broad Street
After 4pm

Station House (After Hours Reception for Single Men)
2601 N. Broad Street
After 4pm, Weekends & Holidays

House of Passage (After Hours Center for Women & Families)
48th St. and Haverford Avenue
After 4pm, Weekends & Holidays

Roosevelt Darby Center (Intake & Assessment for Single Men)
802 N. Broad Street
M-F; 7am-3pm

Emergency Assistance Response Unit (Walk-ins Welcome)
5252 N. 13th Street
M-Th; 9am-3pm
215-685-9087 (Information line)

Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline:

Adult Protective Services
Information and Referral Hotline:
215-686-5671 or 215-686-5672

The Office of Supportive Housing provides interpreter services at no cost to potential clients. We can communicate with you in your language.


Are the homeless only those people that I see on the street sleeping on grates?

Anyone can become homeless; it can be you or your neighbor or anyone who has lost a job or has come up on bad times.

What is the root cause of homelessness?

There are a lot of reasons why an individual may experience homelessness; however, there are societal problems that hinder individuals’ ability to gain affordable housing and a living wage. Some root causes of homelessness are:
  • Poverty from a lack of good jobs
  • Lack of affordable housing
  • Lack of affordable healthcare
  • Domestic Violence
  • Mental Illness
  • Substance Abuse
  • Discharge from institutions i.e. prisons without appropriate planning.

Prevention Services

If I need assistance with paying my mortgage where do I call or where do I go?

For mortgage assistance please contact a Housing Retention Program

If I need assistance with paying my rent or utilities where do I call or where do I go?

For rent or utilities assistance please contact the Homeless Prevention Program in your community.

Supportive Housing Centers

Who can I call if I am homeless or need a place to stay?

If you are a single adult male you should go to the Roosevelt Darby Center located at 802 N. Broad Street open Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm. The number is 215-685-3700 or 3701.

Single females and Families with children may go to 1430 Cherry Street M-F from 7:00am – 3pm their number is 215-686-7150 or 51. If you are in need of emergency housing services after 4pm and on the weekends; families with children should go to Salvation Army Red Shield located at 715 N. Broad Street. The number is 215-787-2887. Single women should go to House of Passage located at the 48th and Haverford Avenue. The number is 267-713-7778.

Do you need to go to a different place when you are a single adult or if you are with a family that has children?

Yes, if you are a single male you can only be served at the Ridge Avenue Center. Families and single women are served at the Apple Tree Center after-hours.