PHLpreK offers free, quality pre-K to children ages 3–4 across Philadelphia. The Philadelphia Beverage Tax funds this program.
Families with children who are 3–4 may apply for PHLpreK. There are no income requirements.
If your child will be 3 or 4 years old on September 1, 2022 and lives in Philadelphia, they are eligible to enroll in PHLpreK in the 2022-2023 school year.
Where and when
PHLpreK is available at PHLpreK-funded providers throughout the city of Philadelphia during the school year. Families can enroll at any point in the school year, if space is available.
Learn more about our providers by visiting PHLpreK.org/programs or calling 1-844-PHL-PREK.
PHLpreK is free.
To enroll in PHLpreK, bring the following materials to the provider where you want to enroll your child:
- One document proving your child’s age
- One document proving your residency in Philadelphia
- A completed PHLpreK application (or, you can fill this out at the provider’s location)
Proof of age documents include your child’s:
- Birth certificate.
- Valid U.S. passport.
- Social Security card.
- Medical or school records.
Proof of residency documents include your:
- State issued ID or driver’s license.
- Voter ID.
- Current lease or rental agreement.
- Social Security award letter.