PHLpreK offers free, quality pre-K to children ages 3–4 across Philadelphia. The Philadelphia Beverage Tax funds this program.
Families with children who are 3–4 may apply for PHLpreK. There are no income requirements.
If your child will be 3 or 4 years old on September 1, 2019 and lives in Philadelphia, they are eligible to enroll in PHLpreK in the 2019–2020 school year.
Where and when
PHLpreK is adding over 1,000 new seats in the 2019–2020 school year at existing and new locations. When enrollment opens in June, we will announce the new centers participating in PHLpreK.
Learn more about our current providers by visiting PHLpreK.org/programs or calling 1-800-PHL-PREK.
PHLpreK is free.
To enroll in PHLpreK, bring the following materials to the provider where you want to enroll your child:
- One document proving your child’s age
- One document proving your residency in Philadelphia
- A completed PHLpreK application (or, you can fill this out at the provider’s location)
Proof of age documents include your child’s:
- Birth certificate.
- Valid U.S. passport.
- Social Security card.
- Medical or school records.
Proof of residency documents include your:
- State issued ID or driver’s license.
- Voter ID.
- Current lease or rental agreement.
- Social Security award letter.