Get Healthy Philly is dedicated to helping Philadelphians enjoy long and productive lives free from disease, disability, and premature death. Our vision is a safe, smoke-free city where healthy eating and active living are easy choices for all residents.
Many Philadelphians live in environments that make unhealthy choices the default. Philadelphia is the poorest of the 10 largest U.S. cities and research shows a close link between poverty and poor health. This is true for individuals, families and communities, even across generations.
Get Healthy Philly works to change:
We want healthy eating and active, smoke-free living to be the norm for all of Philadelphia's communities.
We want all Philadelphians to stay safe from violence and injuries.
We work with other government agencies, community-based organizations, academic institutions to:
- Increase the availability and affordability of healthy foods.
- Reduce the availability and promotion of unhealthy foods.
- Increase safe opportunities for physical activity.
- Reduce exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Limit access to tobacco products.
- Help smokers quit.
- Change tobacco prices and norms.
- Support an evidence-based approach to violence reduction.
- Promote the safe storage of firearms, especially around children and youth.
- Promote opportunities for youth that minimize exposure to violence and promote safety.