What to expect
In November 2021, you can start using the Philadelphia Tax Center to:
- File and pay most City business taxes online.
- Communicate with the Department of Revenue.
- Access new self-service options.
Beginning October 2022, property owners can pay Real Estate Tax on the site. Before this time, continue paying Real Estate Tax electronically on our existing balance search website.
Your taxes will be added to the Philadelphia Tax Center website in two phases.
Phase one – November 2021
- Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT)
- Wage Tax
- Net Profits Tax
- Earnings Tax
- School Income Tax (SIT)
- Liquor Tax
- Beverage Tax
- Tobacco Tax
Phase two – October 2022
- Real Estate Tax
- Use and Occupancy Tax
- Realty Transfer Tax
- Hospital Tax
- Parking Tax
- Valet Parking Tax
- Hotel Tax
- Amusement Tax
- Coin-operated Tax
- Vehicle Rental Tax
- Outdoor Advertising Tax
- Commercial Trash Fees
- Police Fees
- Agency Receivable Fees
The new site will include many features that were unavailable previously, including self-service options. Also, some existing online services will be easier to understand and complete.
The Philadelphia Tax Center allows you to:
Share secure communication
- Send and receive secure messages from Revenue representatives.
- See all letters you received from Revenue, from November 2021 on.
- Respond online to a letter you received in the mail.
- Upload any audit documents.
Apply for programs and submit requests
- Apply for a payment agreement.
- Apply for business tax credits.
- Request refunds.
- Request a waiver of interest and penalty.
- Upload W-2s and 1099s.
View and manage your account(s)
- From a single dashboard, view account balances, overdue returns, and payments.
- Give access to accounts to your accountant or other users.
- Manage your account details including name and address.