What we do
The Office of the Director of Finance oversees the City’s financial, accounting, and budgetary functions. We also create policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard the City’s funds.
As part of our work overseeing the City’s finances, we:
- Maintain the City’s central accounting system.
- Record all City financial activity.
- Prepare all required financial reports.
- Process vendor payments and payroll for all City employees.
- Develop and manage the City’s operating and capital budgets.
- Produce and monitor compliance with the City’s Five-Year Financial and Strategic Plan.
- Forecast City revenues and expenditures.
- Evaluate the impact of programs and investments on achieving strategic objectives.
- Work with City agencies on grant submissions to maximize available funding.
- Oversee risk management functions and citywide insurance programs.
- Manage employee disability and worker safety programs.
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 686-6140