What we do
Employing nearly 300 people, including almost 200 attorneys, The Law Department represents the City in litigation and in contractual and regulatory matters.
The Law Department:
- Represents the City’s interests in litigation.
- Negotiates, drafts, and approves City contracts.
- Assists the City in collecting unpaid taxes, fines, and other debts.
- Counsels City departments, agencies, boards, and commissions on regulatory compliance.
- Represents the City in child welfare and health matters.
- Prepares legislation for introduction in City Council.
1515 Arch St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 683-5001
|Name||Job Title||Phone #||Social|
|Diana Cortes||Chair, Litigation Group||Diana.Cortes@Phila.gov||(215) 683-5038|
|Steve Ludovico||Director of Administrative Servicesemail@example.com||(215) 683-5235|
|Andrew Richman||Chief of Stafffirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 683-5067|
|Valerie Robinson||Chair, Corporate Groupemail@example.com||(215) 683-5031|
|Craig M. Straw||First Deputy City Solicitorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 683-5442|