Notice: The Fair Housing Commission’s hearings have moved online. You can learn about resources for tenants during COVID-19 and how to get free legal help to avoid eviction through Right to Counsel.
Notice: The Fair Housing Commission is offering in-person services by appointment only. Appointments are available on Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. To set a time to meet with us, call (215) 686-4670.
What we do
The Fair Housing Commission (FHC) makes sure that renters have safe places to live and that landlords follow housing laws. The five-member commission and staff help people know their rights and responsibilities when it comes to renting a property.
- Enforces the City’s Fair Housing Ordinance.
- Conducts hearings on properties that are alleged to be unsafe or in poor condition.
- Verifies that landlords have necessary rental licenses and certificates.
- Educates tenants and landlords on their rights and responsibilities.
- Connects landlords and tenants to resources and assistance.
We believe rental housing that works for everybody makes Philadelphia a better place to live.
601 Walnut St.
Suite 300 South
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone: (215) 686-4670
May30EventFAIR HOUSING EXECUTIVE SESSION8:30 am to 9:00 amEvent
FAIR HOUSING EXECUTIVE SESSIONMay 30, 20238:30 am to 9:00 am, 30 mins
May31EventFAIR HOUSING EXECUTIVE SESSION8:30 am to 9:00 amEvent
FAIR HOUSING EXECUTIVE SESSIONMay 31, 20238:30 am to 9:00 am, 30 mins
Jun6EventFAIR HOUSING EXECUTIVE SESSION8:30 am to 9:00 amEvent
FAIR HOUSING EXECUTIVE SESSIONJune 6, 20238:30 am to 9:00 am, 30 mins