Street paving keeps Philadelphia roadways safe and smooth. The Department of Streets shares updates on paving operations so people traveling around the city can plan appropriately.
The paving season begins in early spring and ends in late fall each year.
Paving work takes between three and five weeks.
The Department of Streets notifies residents and businesses of upcoming work by:
- Posting temporary No Parking signs with dates and times that owners must move their vehicles, 48 hours before work begins.
- Scheduling automated phone calls for residents.
- Sending text messages and emails to residents who sign up for alerts.
- Posting announcements on Nextdoor and the @PhilaStreets accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Issuing press releases to the media.