PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today reported an additional 7,272 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Philadelphia since last reported on Monday, July 18. This brings the total number of fully vaccinated Philadelphians to at least 1,080,494, and the number of Philadelphians with at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine to at least 1,304,495. Currently, 78.3 percent of Philadelphia adults are fully vaccinated, and 95+* percent of Philadelphia adults have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
Everyone 6 months of age and older are now eligible to be vaccinated. Philadelphians are still strongly encouraged to make sure they are up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccines . Currently, 38.3 percent of 5-to-11-year-olds in Philadelphia have received at least one vaccine dose. Among eligible Philadelphians ages 12 and older, 77.5 percent are fully vaccinated, and 95+* percent have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
In the last two weeks, 15.6 percent of COVID-19 tests in Philadelphia have come back positive. Thus far during the pandemic, 309,132 Philadelphians have been diagnosed with COVID-19, and 5,119 have succumbed to the virus. Philadelphia is averaging 319 new cases of COVID-19 per day over the last two weeks.
Note: All vaccine administration percentages will be capped at 95 percent to account for U.S. Census estimates.
- Where to get a COVID-19 vaccine: phila.gov/vaccine.
- Where to find COVID-19 testing: phila.gov/testing.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 response.
- Health Department COVID Call Center: 215-685-5488.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- The COVID Prevention and Response Fund is accepting donations to aid nonprofits and individuals that are supporting their community through the pandemic.
Resources for Media:
- COVID-19 briefings.
- Recordings of COVID-19 briefings (Subtitles available in multiple languages).
- COVID-19 press releases.
- Pennsylvania COVID-19 dashboard (includes hospitalizations and patients on ventilators, by county).