PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today reported an additional 13,962 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Philadelphia since last reported on Monday, March 7. This brings the total number of fully vaccinated Philadelphians to at least 1,048,178, and the number of Philadelphians with at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine to at least 1,269,447. Currently, 76.5 percent of Philadelphia adults are fully vaccinated, and 94.5 percent of Philadelphia adults have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
All residents ages five and older are eligible to be vaccinated in Philadelphia. 34.6 percent of 5-to-11-year-olds in Philadelphia have received at least one vaccine dose. Among eligible Philadelphians ages 12 and older, 75.5 percent are fully vaccinated, and 93.2 percent have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
The Department of Health reports 104 patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated in Philadelphia hospitals, with a total of 12 on ventilators.
In the last two weeks, 0.7 percent of COVID-19 tests in Philadelphia have come back positive. Thus far during the pandemic, 275,722 Philadelphians have been diagnosed with COVID-19, and 4,909 have succumbed to the virus. Philadelphia is averaging 47 new cases of COVID-19 per day over the last two weeks.
COVID-19 Response Level: This week’s COVID-19 response level is All Clear. This means there is no vaccine requirement for places that serve food or drink. Masks are not required in indoor public places. Masks are optional in schools, with the exception of Head Start programs. Please note that masks are still required in healthcare settings, congregate living settings, and on transit. Businesses and other institutions are allowed to be more strict than the City’s COVID-19 Response Levels, so some businesses may require proof of vaccination or that everyone wears a mask. The criteria and mandates for each COVID-19 response level are listed online.
- Where to get a COVID-19 vaccine: phila.gov/vaccine.
- Where to find COVID-19 testing: phila.gov/testing.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 response.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Health Department COVID Call Center: 215-685-5488.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- The COVID Prevention and Response Fund is accepting donations to aid nonprofits and individuals that are supporting their community through the pandemic.
Resources for Media: