City now reporting vaccination rates for all Philadelphians 12 and older
PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today reported an additional 20,561 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Philadelphia since last reported on Thursday, October 7. This brings the total number of fully vaccinated Philadelphians to at least 876,847, and the number of Philadelphians with at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine to at least 1,072,277. Currently, 70.6 percent of Philadelphia adults are fully vaccinated, and 86.3 percent of Philadelphia adults have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
Currently, all residents 12 and older are eligible to be vaccinated in Philadelphia. Among all eligible Philadelphians ages 12 and older, 65.4 percent are fully vaccinated, and 80 percent have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
The Department of Health reports 212 patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated in Philadelphia hospitals, with a total of 19 on ventilators.
In the last two weeks, 2.9 percent of COVID-19 tests in Philadelphia have come back positive. Thus far during the pandemic, 165,353 Philadelphians have been diagnosed with COVID-19, and 3,902 have succumbed to the virus. Philadelphia is averaging 263 new cases of COVID-19 per day over the last two weeks.
Approved Weekend Street Closures for Outdoor Dining (October 15-17): In June 2020, the City launched four new options for restaurants to operate outdoor dining in order to earn much needed revenue. To see this weekend’s approved street closures, view this blog. Vehicular traffic should avoid these streets.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 response.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Health Department COVID Call Center: 215-685-5488.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Residents can now set their own appointments to be vaccinated at City-run clinics.
- There are multiple public transit options to get to City-run clinics.
- COVID-19 testing is available for free at sites throughout Philadelphia.
- The COVID Prevention and Response Fund is accepting donations to aid nonprofits and individuals that are supporting their community through the pandemic.
Resources for Media: