PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today announced 76 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus in Philadelphia. That brings the number of confirmed cases to 36,187.
The Department of Public Health confirmed eight additional fatalities in Philadelphia. This brings the number of residents who have succumbed to the virus in Philadelphia to 1,799. Of the 1,799 total deaths, 889 (49%) were long-term care facility residents.
FEMA Grant for PPE: The Philadelphia Fire Department has been awarded a federal grant worth nearly $6 million to help cover the cost of personal protective equipment (PPE) used in the response to COVID-19. The funding, which comes through FEMA’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant program, will pay for supplies including decontamination equipment, masks and respirators, coveralls and gowns, and eye protection. PFD members respond to about 725 emergency medical incidents per day and must wear PPE to protect themselves and the patients they serve. Under this grant, FEMA will provide close to $5.2 million while the City contributes $775,000.
“Our members must be prepared to respond—safely—to hundreds of EMS calls every day, 24x7x365,” said Fire Commissioner Adam K. Thiel. “These resources are critical to our service during the pandemic, and we are grateful for the support from FEMA and the City.”
Daily Trash and Recycling Update: Residents can check the daily trash and recycling update blog post to see the current status of trash and recycling collections.
- Trash: On schedule, residents should put out trash on their regular collection day.
- Recycling: On schedule, residents should put out recycling on their regular collection day.
Testing Site Map: A testing site finder at phila.gov/testing helps people find a free COVID-19 test in Philadelphia. Anyone can search for a site by address, click on a map location for specific site information, and filter by day of week and by drive-thru or walk-up.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- COVID-19 resources translated into multiple languages.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Find out more about testing for COVID-19.
- Businesses with questions about reopening using the Department of Public Health’s guidelines should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PHL COVID-19 Fund continues to solicit donations to aid nonprofits that are on the frontline of the pandemic.
Resources for Media:
- Recordings of COVID-19 briefings (Subtitles available in multiple languages).
- COVID-19 press releases.