To reduce the spread of COVID-19, customers who want Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) services at the Municipal Services Building (MSB) must make an appointment to visit the MSB Concourse level.
At this time, in-person appointments for permit and license services are available only to:
- File applications to get or renew a license.
- File new permit applications, including for Make Safe Permits.
- Submit revised plans for applications filed on paper.
- Pay for or pick up permits with paper plans.
- You must have a copy of the permit invoice
- The contractor’s license, insurance, and tax account must all be current.
Customers are limited to three filings per appointment.
Making an appointment online is quick and easy. If you need assistance, 311 (215-686-8686 if outside of Philadelphia) can help.
Please note that some applications need preapprovals from other departments. These departments may not be reviewing paper applications at this time. You can apply online using eCLIPSE to avoid delays.
- Help using eCLIPSE is available online and from 311 (215-686-8686 if outside of Philadelphia)
You must wear a mask at all times while inside the Municipal Services Building.