Appointments with L&I are now available
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, customers who want to visit the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) at the Permit and License Center in the Concourse of the Municipal Services Building must make an appointment.
At this time, in-person appointments for the L&I Permit and License Center are available ONLY for
- filing applications to get or renew a license
- filing new permit applications, including for Make Safe Permits
- dropping off additional information requested by L&I for permit applications filed prior to March 13, 2020
- paying and/or for picking up permits with paper plans
- You must have a copy of the permit invoice
- The contractor’s license, insurance, and tax account must all be current.
Please note that some applications need preapprovals from other departments. These departments may not be reviewing paper applications at this time. You can apply online using eCLIPSE to avoid delays.
- Help using eCLIPSE is available online and from 311 (215-686-8686 if outside of Philadelphia)
You can schedule your appointment online or by calling 311 (215-686-8686 if outside of Philadelphia).
You must wear a mask at all times while inside the Municipal Services Building.