Philadelphia Information Locator Service
Transportation, Office of[Record group 60-11-3]
Agency home page.
- The functions of this office include:
- advising, recommending and implementing the transportation agenda of the City of Philadelphia;
- representing this agenda with and among funding and regulatory agencies;
- recommending to the Mayor transportation projects essential to the economic growth of the City;
- establishing a regional transportation forum;
- communicating transportation concerns, policies and project development to the community and the region;
- facilitating the exchange of information concerning transportation planning functions among federal, state and local agencies;
- representing the Administration on all transportation-related committees; and
- performing other tasks related to the planning of transportation policies and practices within the City of Philadelphia.
- Agency History
- A separate Office of Transportation was established on 25 January 1988 by Executive Order 1-88. The purposes of this office were to act as an advocate for transportation policies in the best interests of the City of Philadelphia and to act as a focal point for all transportation-related issues and activities. The chief of the office was designated as the Director of the Office of Transportation. During the Rendell administration, this position was occupied by a deputy mayor.
- Archival Records
- No holdings
- Current Records
Links to related information...
---->Current Agency Information Sheet. (Graphical version of this page)
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on April 24, 2000