Philadelphia Information Locator Service
Philadelphia Economic Development Committee[Record group 60-18-1]
- The purposes of this committee are:
- to prepare and revise a "workable program" for economic development;
- to serve as an umbrella organization which could work with operating organizations and agencies in the further development of suggested policies and programs;
- to advise the Mayor and major community organizations on the combination of action programs which should be given top priority; and
- to elicit community-wide support for the programs and projects.
- Agency History
- The Philadelphia Economic Development Committee was formed in December 1963 by Mayor James H. J. Tate. It was composed of 30 members representing the City administration, business, industry, labor, education, citizen and religious organizations and minority groups.
- Archival Records
- 60-18-1.1 Reports (1964-1965)
Links to related information...
---->Current Agency Information Sheet. (Graphical version of this page)
Send your comments to email@example.com
Last updated on July 9, 1999