Since 2014, FarmPhilly has promoted urban agriculture and supported its expansion across Philadelphia.
This Parks & Recreation program supports over 60 urban agriculture projects on parkland. Projects include:
- Youth education gardens.
- Community gardens.
- Vegetable production farms.
- Provides a propagation greenhouse for starting seeds and cuttings.
- Supports communities involved in food scrap collection and composting.
- Develops policies to support urban agriculture now and in the long term.
- Manages the implementation of Philadelphia’s first-ever Urban Agriculture Plan.