Eastwick faces many environmental challenges. It's near the airport, two major highways, a closed oil refinery, and a landfill. All contribute to pollution in the area. It's also one of the lowest lying, most flood-prone sections of the city.
Climate change is only making these problems worse. Eastwick: From Recovery to Resilience connects 11 City initiatives to address them. We're working with neighborhood residents, government partners, and other stakeholders. Together, we're making a plan to build climate resilience.
To do this, we are:
- Connecting Eastwick residents with information and resources.
- Improving communication between residents and government agencies.
- Aligning local, state, and federal resources to better meet the needs of residents.
- Including the community in decisions.
- Developing a plan guided by the experiences of flood survivors.
Through this partnership, we're working toward a new vision for Eastwick's future.