Skip to main content

Special Event Permit application

Event producers must use this application form to apply to hold a special event in Philadelphia. Event producers must also submit an alcohol management plan to sell or sample alcoholic beverages at events taking place on City property. Special event permits are issued by the Office of Special Events (OSE).

If you are planning to throw a street festival, you must also submit the festival street closure application to the Department of Streets. A street festival is an event that is sponsored by a business or organization or taking place on a major, arterial roadway or commercial corridor. To throw a residential block party, you need to get a block party permit instead.

Name Description Released Format
Special event permit application PDF Use this form to apply to hold a special event in Philadelphia. January 23, 2024
Insurance waiver affidavit (demonstrations) PDF Complete this affidavit to request that the City of Philadelphia waive the insurance requirement for demonstrations on City property. January 23, 2024
Festival street closure application PDF An application to close streets for an event outside the Fairmount Park system. March 31, 2022
Alcohol management plan guidelines PDF Guidelines for submitting an alcohol management plan for events taking place on City property. February 18, 2022