What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Sep22EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingSeptember 22, 20209:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnline via ZoommapThe September 22, 2020 Architectural Committee meeting agenda can be found on the Public Meetings page. Applicants and the public may participate in the meeting in three ways: live with a computer, tablet, orsmartphone; live with a telephone; and in advance by email.
To join with a device, go to this website on September 22.
- Website: https://bit.ly/acsept22
- Password: 903255
To join with a telephone, call this number on September 22.
- Telephone Number: 1-646-876-9923
- Webinar ID: 822 2578 5774
- Password: 903255
To email comments, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on September 21.
Oct9EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingOctober 9, 20209:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnline via Zoommap
Oct21EventHistorical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meeting9:30 am to 12:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meetingOctober 21, 20209:30 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnline via ZoommapThe Committee on Historic Designation meets in Room 18-029 of 1515 Arch Street.
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directoremail@example.com|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|