- A meeting of the Historical Commission will be held on Friday, November 12, at 9:00 a.m. on the Zoom platform. The meeting agenda and information on how to participate will be available one week prior to the meeting.
What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Nov12EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingNovember 12, 20219:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnlinemap
Nov23EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingNovember 23, 20219:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnlinemap
Dec1EventHistorical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meeting9:30 am to 1:00 pmEvent
Historical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meetingDecember 1, 20219:30 am to 1:00 pm, 4 hours
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Iemail@example.com|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|