What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Mar12EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 2:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingMarch 12, 20219:00 am to 2:00 pm, 5 hoursOnline via ZoommapThe public may participate in the meeting in three ways: live with acomputer, tablet, or smartphone; live with a telephone; and in advanceby email.
To join with a device, go to this website on March 12.
- Website: https://bit.ly/phcmar12
- Password: 104395
To join with a telephone, call this number on March 12.
- Telephone Number: 301-715-8592
- Webinar ID: 837 0725 1369
- Password: 104395
To email comments, send them to email@example.com bynoon on March 11.
Mar23EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingMarch 23, 20219:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnlinemap
Apr9EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingApril 9, 20219:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnlinemap
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Iemail@example.com|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|