- A meeting of the Committee on Historic Designation will be held on Wednesday, October 20, at 9:30 a.m. on the Zoom platform. To learn how to participate, view the meeting agendas and the remote meeting FAQS.
- A meeting of the Architectural Committee will be held on Tuesday, October 26, at 9:00 a.m. on the Zoom platform. To learn how to participate, view the meeting agendas and the remote meeting FAQS.
What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Oct20EventHistorical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meeting9:30 am to 2:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meetingOctober 20, 20219:30 am to 2:00 pm, 5 hoursOnline via ZoommapTo watch/listen to and speak during the remote meetings live on Zoom using your computer, tablet, or smartphone, use the following link:
Password or Passcode: 962852
To listen to and speak during the remote meetings live on the telephone, call the following telephone number:
Webinar ID: 853 5059 6179
Password or Passcode: 962852
You may also send written comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 12:00 noon the day before the meeting.
Oct26EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingOctober 26, 20219:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnline via Zoommap
The meeting agenda and application materials for the Architectural Committee meeting are available on the Historical Commission's Public Meetings page.
To watch the meeting live on Zoom using your computer, tablet, or smartphone, click on the following link on October 26.
To listen to the meeting live on the telephone, call this number on October 26.
Telephone Number: 1-301-715-8592
Webinar ID: 858 0381 1462
To offer written comments prior to the meeting, send an email to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on October 25.
After the meeting, you can watch a recording of the meeting on the Recordings page of the Historical Commission’s website.
For more information on the remote meeting, see the FAQs for Remote Meeting.
Nov12EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingNovember 12, 20219:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnlinemap
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Iemail@example.com|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|