- A meeting of the Architectural Committee will be held on Tuesday, January 26, at 9:00 a.m. on the Zoom platform. To learn how to participate, view the meeting agendas and the remote meeting FAQS.
- A meeting of the Committee on Financial Hardship will be held on Wednesday, January 27, at 3:00 p.m. on the Zoom platform. To learn how to participate, view the meeting agendas and the remote meeting FAQS.
What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Jan26EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingJanuary 26, 20219:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnline via Zoommap
Applicants and the public may participate in the meeting in three ways: live with a computer, tablet, or smartphone; live with a telephone; and in advance by email.
To join with a device, go to this website on January 26.
To join with a telephone, call this number on January 26.
Telephone Number: 1-301-715-8592
Webinar ID: 813 2980 2308
To email comments, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on January 25.
Jan27EventHistorical Commission Committee on Financial Hardship meeting3:00 pm to 5:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Committee on Financial Hardship meetingJanuary 27, 20213:00 pm to 5:00 pm, 2 hoursOnline via Zoommap
The public may participate in the meeting in three ways: live with a computer, tablet, or smartphone; live with a telephone; and in advance by email.
To join with a device, go to this website on January 27.
To join with a telephone, call this number on January 27.
Telephone Number: 1-301-715-8592
Webinar ID: 834 1860 2233
To email comments, send them to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on January 26.
Feb12EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingFebruary 12, 20219:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnlinemap
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Iemail@example.com|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|