- A meeting of the Committee on Historic Designation will be held on Wednesday, April 21, at 9:30 a.m. on the Zoom platform. To learn how to participate, view the meeting agendas and the remote meeting FAQS..
- A meeting of the Architectural Committee will be held on Tuesday, April 27, at 9:00 a.m. on the Zoom platform. The meeting agenda and information on how to participate will be available one week prior to the meeting.
What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Apr21EventHistorical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meeting9:30 am to 1:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission Committee on Historic Designation meetingApril 21, 20219:30 am to 1:00 pm, 4 hoursOnline via Zoommap
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Committee on Historic Designation will hold its April 21, 2021 meeting remotely, not in person, using the Zoom Webinar platform. You can watch, listen, and comment using a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
The meeting agenda and nomination materials for the Committee on Historic Designation meeting are available on the Historical Commission's Public Meetings page.
To watch/listen to and speak during the remote Committee on Historic Designation meeting live on Zoom using your computer, tablet, or smartphone, click on the following link:
Password or Passcode: 607580
To listen to and speak during the remote Committee on Historic Designation meeting live on the telephone, call the following telephone number:
Telephone Number: 1-301-715-8592
Webinar ID: 898 6569 9107
Password or Passcode: 607580
To email comments, send them to email@example.com by noon the day before the meeting.
After the meeting, you can watch a recording of the meeting on the Recordings page of the Historical Commission’s website.
For more information on the remote meeting, see the FAQs for Committee on Historic Designation's Remote Meeting.
Apr27EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingApril 27, 20219:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnlinemap
May14EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingMay 14, 20219:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnlinemap
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Iemail@example.com|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|