- A meeting of the Historical Commission will be held on Friday, December 10, at 9:00 a.m. on the Zoom platform. The agenda and information on how to participate will be available one week prior to the meeting.
What we do
As part of the Department of Planning and Development, the Philadelphia Historical Commission protects the City’s historic resources. Together with its advisory committees, the commission:
- Identifies and designates historic landmarks.
- Maintains the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places.
- Hosts public meetings about historic properties.
- Works with property owners to protect landmarks.
The commission staff reviews building permit applications and nominations to the register. When needed, they forward applications to the appropriate committee. The staff:
- Approves over 90% of building permit applications without referral to a committee.
- Informs the public about the commission’s rules and processes.
- Gives advice on preservation techniques.
- Helps the public research the history of their properties.
Dec10EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 2:00 pmOnline via ZoomEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingDecember 10, 20219:00 am to 2:00 pm, 5 hoursOnline via Zoommap
Dec21EventHistorical Commission Architectural Committee meeting9:00 am to 12:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission Architectural Committee meetingDecember 21, 20219:00 am to 12:00 pm, 3 hoursOnlinemap
Jan14EventHistorical Commission monthly meeting9:00 am to 5:00 pmOnlineEvent
Historical Commission monthly meetingJanuary 14, 20229:00 am to 5:00 pm, 8 hoursOnlinemap
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Kim Chantry||Historic Preservation Planner IIIemail@example.com|
|Laura DiPasquale||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jon Farnham||Executive Directoremail@example.com|
|Shannon Garrison||Historic Preservation Planner Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Meredith Keller||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|
|Allyson Mehley||Historic Preservation Planner IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Megan Cross Schmitt||Historic Preservation Planner IIemail@example.com|