The Philadelphia Historical Commission’s rules and regulations guide its work. They’re informed by a part of the City’s code called the historic preservation ordinance. Together, these documents:
- Define terms used by the commission.
- Outline its powers and duties.
- Explain how it conducts its public meetings.
- Describe how it designates historic resources.
- Explain how it reviews building permit applications.
- Explain how it reviews cases of financial hardship.
|Historical Commission rules and regulations PDF
|The regulations that govern the work of the Philadelphia Historical Commission.
|May 27, 2021
|City of Philadelphia historic preservation ordinance PDF
|The City code that describes the purposes of the Philadelphia Historical Commission.
|May 22, 2023