What we do
The Office of Violence Prevention (OVP) implements strategies and initiatives to prevent, reduce, and end violence in Philadelphia. OVP is particularly focused on addressing gun violence.
We work to create safer communities by:
- Promoting violence prevention citywide – partnering with law enforcement, City agencies, and the community to develop and implement The Philadelphia Roadmap to Safer Communities;
- Investing in what works – using data and research to inform our investments in violence prevention; and
- Strengthening communities – mobilizing supports and providing positive alternatives in communities to help boost resilience among residents impacted by violence.
OVP supports these programs:
- Community Crisis Intervention Program (CCIP)
- Violence Prevention Partnership
- Targeted Community Investment Grant Program
- Group Violence Intervention
- Rapid Response Team
1425 Arch St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 686-0789
There are no upcoming events.