- Due to recent COVID-19 restrictions, BRT’s offices are closed to the public until further notice.
- Market Value Appeal hearings are now being held remotely. There are no in-person hearings at this time
What we do
The Board of Revision of Taxes (BRT) makes sure real estate market values are fair and accurate. The Office of Property Assessment (OPA) decides the dollar-value of every piece of real estate within Philadelphia and that value determines how much property tax is owed. Owners who disagree with the OPA can file an appeal with the BRT.
File a real estate market value appeal if:
- You think the City’s value of your property is too high or too low.
- The value doesn’t match similar properties in your area.
- There is a mistake about your property’s square footage, floors, or other characteristics.
We also handle special cases for nonprofit tax exemptions and late, or nunc pro tunc, petitions.
BRT also houses the Board of View, which hears eminent domain appeals. You can submit an appeal by emailing email@example.com.
May18EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingMay 18, 202110:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours
May19EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingMay 19, 202110:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours
May20EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingMay 20, 202110:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours