- Our offices are open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- All customers are required to wear masks inside the Curtis Building.
- 2021 Market Value Appeals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed by the filing deadline of Monday, October 5, 2020.
- Market Value Appeal Hearings are currently going on either in person or remotely. See the calendar below.
What we do
The Board of Revision of Taxes (BRT) makes sure real estate market values are fair and accurate. The Office of Property Assessment (OPA) decides the dollar-value of every piece of real estate within Philadelphia and that value determines how much property tax is owed. Owners who disagree with the OPA can file an appeal with the BRT.
File a real estate market value appeal if:
- You think the City’s value of your property is too high or too low.
- The value doesn’t match similar properties in your area.
- There is a mistake about your property’s square footage, floors, or other characteristics.
We also handle special cases for nonprofit tax exemptions and late, or nunc pro tunc, petitions.
Oct27EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingOctober 27, 202010:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours
Oct28EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingOctober 28, 202010:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours
Oct29EventNPT Non-Profit and Abatement Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
NPT Non-Profit and Abatement HearingOctober 29, 202010:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours