- BRT’s offices are open to the public Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. until further notice.
- Market Value Appeal hearings are now being held in person. To request a remote-only hearing, contact us.
- The deadline to file a 2022 market value appeal is October 4, 2021.
What we do
The Board of Revision of Taxes (BRT) makes sure real estate market values are fair and accurate. The Office of Property Assessment (OPA) decides the dollar-value of every piece of real estate within Philadelphia and that value determines how much property tax is owed. Owners who disagree with the OPA can file an appeal with the BRT.
File a real estate market value appeal if:
- You think the City’s value of your property is too high or too low.
- The value doesn’t match similar properties in your area.
- There is a mistake about your property’s square footage, floors, or other characteristics.
We also handle special cases for nonprofit tax exemptions and late, or nunc pro tunc, petitions.
BRT also houses the Board of View, which hears eminent domain appeals. You can submit an appeal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep22EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing9:30 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingSeptember 22, 20219:30 am to 3:00 pm, 6 hours
Sep23EventBRT MV Appeal Hearing9:30 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal HearingSeptember 23, 20219:30 am to 3:00 pm, 6 hours
Sep24EventBRT MV Appeal Non-Oral Hearing10:00 am to 3:00 pmEvent
BRT MV Appeal Non-Oral HearingSeptember 24, 202110:00 am to 3:00 pm, 5 hours