By Andrew Alter, Communications Associate
This holiday season, unwrap some of Philly’s newest places to play!
Finding fun things to do as a family just got easier. In May, Parks & Rec provided a list of 18 new places to play throughout the city. Our staff and partners have been busy this year! We’ve completed renovations and reopened even more recreational facilities.
Now is a great time to explore these new parks, trails, and playgrounds. Here’s a list of the cool new things you’ll find at 11 sites.
Click on a site’s name below for detailed location information.
- New sprayground, exercise track, and area for ground games like hopscotch and 4-square.
- A new seating area with tables and new trees for more shade.
- State-of-the-art inclusive play equipment for children aged 2-5 and 5-12.
- Brand new plexiglass backboards for the basketball court.
- Brand new first-of-its-kind Esports room with gaming chairs, headsets, and consoles.
- A new Friday night youth basketball program.
- Brand new trees and picnic area, as well as improved walkways and landscaping.
- Restored natural grass athletic fields and baseball diamond.
- New sprayground.
- Repaved, wider trail for safer usage and passage.
- New safety signage and on-trail pavement markings.
- Clearer paths and improved trail design that will avoid conflict with existing tree roots.
- Recently renovated regulation-size basketball court
- Newly installed Turf grass area.
- ADA ramp and walkway.
- Two play areas with playground equipment and safety surfaces.
- Newly planted trees, benches, and a walking and tricycle track.
- A repaved basketball court.
- Playground equipment for ages 2 to 5 and 5 to 12 with a safety surface.
- A grassy area with benches and new trees.
- Boulders to serve as a barrier between the playground and Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
Rebuild Revs Up Park Transformations
In addition to these great projects, many more parks and playgrounds are getting much needed improvements thanks to the Rebuild program. Check out even more great places to play!
- Newly renovated picnic area.
- Renovated basketball courts.
- Brand-new playground equipment with safety surface and sprayground area.
- Playground equipment and new sprayground.
- Sports fields.
- Recently renovated basketball and tennis courts.
- A sprayground and a pool.
- Newly renovated basketball and tennis courts as well as a brand-new mini soccer pitch.
- A seven-room building with a gymnasium, public computing center, and multipurpose rooms.
- Recently underwent a $2 million renovation
- Full-court basketball court.
- Brand new playground equipment with a safety surface.