As the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) encourages fully vaccinated individuals to resume pre-pandemic activities, the City of Philadelphia has fully rolled back its Safer-at-Home rules.
At the Department of Revenue, we are eager to serve our customers in person, even while maintaining some safety measures.
Remember, there are many online water bill and tax services you can still count on. For example, you can pay your water and tax bills from home. You can also file your taxes online, check your tax compliance status, or request a City Tax Clearance Certificate from your phone or computer. Read this blog post for a full list of water services you can access on the web.
Here are the changes to expect when you visit us at the Municipal Services Building (MSB):
We encourage you to schedule an in-person appointment to pay your taxes and water bills or to speak to a customer service representative in person at the MSB. But we will do our best to assist customers who walk-in.
In many cases, we can answer your questions or resolve your issues over the phone:
- For questions or help with your Real Estate Tax bills, call (215) 686-6442. You can also pay your Real Estate Tax by calling (877) 309-3710.
- For questions about your water bill or to set up a payment plan, call (215) 685-6300.
- For questions or help with your business taxes, call (215) 686-6600.
To pay in person, or speak with a customer service representative in person, schedule an appointment by phone:
- For payment appointments, call (215) 686-6442 or (215) 686-6600, and select option #4
- For tax customer service appointments, call (215)-686-6442 or (215)-686-6600, and select option #3
- For water-related customer service appointments, call (215)-685-6300, and select “0” to speak to a water customer service representative or select option #3 to request a call back
If you are not fully vaccinated, you still need to wear a mask to enter and receive services at the MSB. The City’s mask mandate is still in place for unvaccinated individuals and will remain that way until further notice.
While physical distancing will no longer be required, we still recommend that you maintain a safe distance between yourself and others, especially if you are unvaccinated.
Fully vaccinated visitors to the MSB do not have to wear a face mask. You can continue wearing a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable. Our satellite offices in North and Northeast Philadelphia remain closed.
We continue to serve residents who don’t speak English as their first language, both over the phone and in person.
Our drop box is another bill payment option available to customers visiting the MSB. It is in the main lobby on the John F. Kennedy Blvd side of the building. Please enclose your bill coupon with a check or money order in an envelope and leave it in the Revenue Dropbox. We recommend you write your account number on the check or money order.
Philadelphia’s June 11 reopening came after 15 months of collaborative efforts between residents and City government to slow the spread of COVID-19. While this is a big moment for residents and businesses, it doesn’t mean that the virus is gone. The City continues to make great progress with vaccination rates and encourages unvaccinated persons to get theirs.