PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today announced 735 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus in Philadelphia. That brings the number of confirmed cases to 131,929. In addition, the Department of Public Health also announced 109 new probable cases from rapid antigen tests.
The Department of Public Health confirmed nine additional fatalities in Philadelphia. This brings the number of residents who have succumbed to the virus in Philadelphia to 3,359. Of the 3,359 total deaths, 1,183 (35%) were long-term care facility residents.
The Department of Public Health reports 510 patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated in Philadelphia hospitals, with a total of 53 on ventilators.
Approved Weekend Street Closures for Outdoor Dining (April 16-18): In June 2020, the City launched four new options for restaurants to operate outdoor dining in order to earn much needed revenue. To see this weekend’s approved street closures, view this blog. Vehicular traffic should avoid these streets.
Testing Site Map: A testing site finder at phila.gov/testing helps people find a free COVID-19 test in Philadelphia. Anyone can search for a site by address, click on a map location for specific site information, and filter by day of week and by drive-thru or walk-up.
COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Forms: The City has launched two forms to help Philadelphians register their interest in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. These forms are not for registering for an appointment, but will tell the Department of Public Health how to contact you when you are eligible and vaccine is available for you.
- Members of the public are encouraged to register using the COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Form. The form is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, and French. Individuals who do not have access to the internet can contact Philly311 (dial 3-1-1) for help completing the interest form.
- Employers are encouraged to complete the Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Planning Form. Employers that complete this form will be contacted to help set up opportunities to vaccinate their prioritized staff when they are eligible and vaccine is available.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- COVID-19 resources translated into multiple languages.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Find out more about testing for COVID-19.
- Complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Form (for individuals) or the Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Planning Form (for employers).
- Businesses with questions about how to comply with the City’s restrictions should email email@example.com.
- The PHL COVID-19 Fund continues to solicit donations to aid nonprofits that are on the frontline of the pandemic.
Resources for Media: