Rebuild is making big strides to improve Philadelphia’s parks, recreation centers, and libraries. Made possible by the Philadelphia Beverage Tax, Rebuild construction projects improve vital community assets while contributing to equitable investment and job creation.
In 2020, the program opened new places to play, attracted millions in new funding for neighborhood public space improvements, and awarded more than a third of its contract dollars to minority-owned businesses.
Here are some highlights of Rebuild’s impact on Philadelphia neighborhoods this year:
- 4 new places to get fit, for free, outdoors
- 8 parks are safer and brighter thanks to investments in new lighting and security
- 12 new places to run, jump, and play
- 35 diverse Philadelphians on the path to careers in construction
- 42 completed improvement projects
- 25,752 square feet of new, ADA-accessible sidewalks
Looking ahead, in 2021, Rebuild will:
- Break ground at more sites across the city
- Recruit 30+ diverse Philadelphians to join the paid workforce development program
- Enroll 40+ small diverse firms in business support programs
- Engage thousands of residents in the improvements to their park, rec center, or library