The City is requesting feedback on the design for public space and traffic safety improvements at Broad, Germantown, and Erie. The plans are based on previous phases of community input conducted in 2020.
The design incorporates input received through print, in-person, and digital methods from 781 residents, workers, shoppers, and SEPTA riders. View results of community engagement .
Based on feedback received, the design includes:
- A literature theme
- Circles layout for public spaces
- Fixed seating
- String lights
- Bright colors
- Combination of shade structure and trees
The City would like to hear what you think of the design. Please see below for how to provide feedback.
Note: Parts of the design may change due to maintenance needs. The City is committed to creating welcoming public spaces and an updated intersection that are maintainable for the long-term. Trash cans are also part of the overall design and are not currently pictured.
What happens next
- February 14, 2021: Deadline to comment on design
- February 2021: City will share feedback collected and any changes that will be made with the public
- May – November 2021: Temporary improvements at Butler Triangle/Fish Park to do further engagement and test out features
- 2022 – 2023: Construct the project
How You Can Provide Feedback