As COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the city, traditional holiday gatherings are now very dangerous. To reduce your risk, spend the holiday with your immediate household members only.
Safer ways to celebrate the holidays
- Host a dinner celebration with your household members only.
- Avoid large crowds by purchasing groceries online.
- Consider safely delivering meals and gifts to extended family members, neighbors or friends, in a way that does not involve direct contact (like leaving items on the porch or doorstep).
- Celebrate with friends and extended family over videoconference.
- Participate in car parades in which people stay in their vehicles.
- Do your holiday shopping online.
Always follow COVID-19 precautions
- Stay home and away from others unless it is necessary.
- Work from home if possible.
- If you do activities outside the home, keep them outdoors.
- Whenever you must be near anyone who is not a member of your household, wear a mask, and ask others to wear masks.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have been in contact with someone who is sick with COVID-19, or has symptoms of COVID-19, stay home.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and items regularly.