The City of Philadelphia is gradually reopening municipal services, and you may have an important legal question for the Department of Revenue. The fastest –and safest– way to get an answer is by email. Use the following addresses for,
- Property taxes: email@example.com
- Other taxes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water debt issues: email@example.com
A member of our legal services team can review your account, and provide information about:
- Rule Returnable Hearing, Sheriff Sale, or OOPA Default notice;
- Municipal Court Water or Tax complaints;
- Notice of transfer to the Law Department, or a delinquent tax bill;
- Water shutoff notice, water lien, and other issues.
You can now also schedule an appointment to speak with a legal services representative at our offices. Meetings take place at the Municipal Services Building (1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.), but are conducted by video conferencing (see image above).
To schedule an appointment, please call (215) 686-0500. Our receptionist will help you find a date and time. You may even be able to schedule an appointment for the same day.
Keeping each other safe
When you arrive, you’ll notice we’ve adopted new measures. These changes are meant to keep you and our staff healthy.
First, you must wear a mask during your visit. The mask should cover your nose, mouth and chin.
You will also talk to our rep via a computer monitor, set up inside a cubicle for privacy.
These are additional steps we’re taking to minimize health risks during your visit:
- Only customers with appointments will be allowed to enter the legal services area.
- All our staff will wear masks, and in some cases, face shields.
- Plexiglass will separate you and the receptionist.
- Chairs in the waiting area will be distanced.
- We’ll disinfect chairs, and other office furniture, before and after each visit.
As part of emergency measures, Revenue largely stopped enforcement action from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. This included a suspension of water shutoffs, foreclosures, and placement with collection agencies.
We appreciate your understanding as we thoughtfully and cautiously resume our work, including in-person services.