As the City of Philadelphia moves into new phases of COVID-19 recovery, we are beginning to serve our residents in person once again. You can now make in-person payments at the Municipal Services Building (MSB), but only by appointment.
Payments are the only in-person service we can safely reopen at this time. We are working hard to bring back other in-person services as soon as possible.
You can schedule an appointment to make a tax, water bill or other payment at MSB:
- Online, or
- By telephone
Taxpayers and water customers with an appointment can pay up to 10 bills in person with a cashier. If you need to make more than 10 payments, please continue using the online, phone, or mail-in options.
If you’re interested in making an in-person payment, here’s what you need to do:
- Provide your name and contact information on our online platform. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email and a text message confirmation. The text message will look like this:
- Print out your email confirmation and bring it the day of the appointment. Go to the Municipal Services Building located at 1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19102 at your scheduled time. You must show your appointment confirmation to gain access to the building.
You can also schedule an in-person payment by telephone. Call:
- (215) 686-6442 for a property tax payment,
- (215) 686-6300 for all other tax payments
Press option 3 to speak with a customer representative who will help you pick an appointment time. If you leave us a message, we will call back to schedule an in-person visit at MSB.
What to bring:
- A face mask. You must wear a face mask at all times inside MSB, no exceptions.
- Form of payment (cash, check or money order). For credit cards, please pay online.
- Bill or payment coupon. If you do not have a coupon, please print a copy before you arrive.
We encourage you to arrive around five minutes before your appointment. If you arrive too early you might have to wait outside. It’s also best not to bring anyone with you if you can help it. Only people with appointments will be allowed inside the Municipal Services Building.
We are looking forward to serving you in person. The safety of both you and our staff continues to be our biggest priority.
Photo credit: @urphillypal