YOU MAKE PHILADELPHIA WORK!
With a workforce of over 25,000 and opportunities in more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia is one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
From entry to management level, there are many ways that you can Make Philadelphia Work. Working in local government gives you the opportunity to develop your career and to make a difference in the lives of others. Great employees, generous benefits and a rewarding work experience make the City of Philadelphia a great place to work!
Home to many Fortune 500 companies, 92 colleges and universities, a high quality of life and a lower cost of living than many other major U.S. metropolitan areas, Philadelphia is a great place to live and do business.
The City is walk-able (more individuals in the Philadelphia workforce walk or bike to work than in Chicago or Washington, D.C.) and boasts:
- one of the nation's largest landscaped city parks.
- famous chefs and internationally-renowned restaurants.
- rich cultural experiences including world-class museums, important historical sites,
- multicultural festivals, diverse music and performing arts.
- some of the finest health care options in the world.
- excellent educational opportunities in some of the finest colleges and universities in the nation.
- eight professional sports teams playing in state-of-the-art stadiums.
- 193 golf courses.
- easy access to the mountains and seashore.
- Four season climate with seasonal average