The goals of the PhillyStat program are:
• To drive better results and services, by maintaining a focus on problem-solving and process improvement;
• To bring the right information to the table, by integrating operational, financial, and other relevant information into performance sessions;
• To set meaningful measures and targets in a collaborative fashion;
• To manage to consistent priorities, by placing emphasis on the Mayor’s top priorities;
• To better communicate with stakeholders.
PhillyStat holds regular meetings between city and department leadership. These meetings are attended by senior officials including the Mayor, the Mayor’s Chief of Staff, department heads, and leaders of Finance, IT, Human Resources, and other operating agencies. Through these meetings, City leaders are able to align city-wide performance strategies, increase departmental accountability, and better understand progress towards achieving departments’ goals. The topic for these meetings mirrors the quarterly reports from Finance that spotlight a different Mayor’s strategic goal each quarter. For more information on the measures identified in the Quarterly City Managers Report (QCMR), please visit the Finance Department
. More informatin can also be found in our department presentations
PhillyStat was created under Mayor Nutter's administration to bring transparency to departmental performance in the delivery of services for our residents. Over time, the scope of the program has evolved. However, the core of what we do remains the same: to increase organizational effectiveness and capabilities and to bring alignment in plans, processes, decisions, people, actions and results that bring improved value to our residents.