What we do
Whether by car, by bike, or on foot, the Office of Transportation & Infrastructure Systems (oTIS) helps everyone get around Philadelphia safely.
We lead a group of departments and divisions—including Streets Transportation, Streets Sanitation, and the Philadelphia Water Department —and focus on making sure streets, sidewalks, bridges, and pathways allow people to move smoothly from place to place.
- Vision Zero, eliminating traffic deaths on Philadelphia streets by 2030
- Complete Streets, making it easy to cross the street, walk to shops, and bicycle to work
- Indego Bike Share and the Better Bike Share Partnership
- Route for Change, creating a more inviting Roosevelt Boulevard that is safe, accessible, and reliable for all users
- Philly Free Streets, inviting people to walk, bike, and play on car-free streets
- Automated Red Light Enforcement Program
- Street Furniture Program, adding and replacing transit shelters
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Network Development
Nothing from March 31, 2020 to July 1, 2020.