What we do
Whether by car, by bike, or on foot, the Office of Transportation & Infrastructure Systems (oTIS) helps everyone get around Philadelphia safely.
We lead a group of departments and divisions—including Streets Transportation, Streets Sanitation, and the Philadelphia Water Department —and focus on making sure streets, sidewalks, bridges, and pathways allow people to move smoothly from place to place.
- Vision Zero, eliminating traffic deaths on Philadelphia streets by 2030
- Complete Streets, making it easy to cross the street, walk to shops, and bicycle to work
- Indego Bike Share and the Better Bike Share Partnership
- Route for Change, creating a more inviting Roosevelt Boulevard that is safe, accessible, and reliable for all users
- Philly Free Streets, inviting people to walk, bike, and play on car-free streets
- Automated Red Light Enforcement Program
- Street Furniture Program, adding and replacing transit shelters
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Network Development
Jan29EventCommunity Meeting: 1400 S. 8th Street Explosion6:30 pm to 8:00 pmSouth Philadelphia Older Adult Center, 1430 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USAEvent
Community Meeting: 1400 S. 8th Street ExplosionJanuary 29, 20206:30 pm to 8:00 pm, 2 hoursSouth Philadelphia Older Adult Center, 1430 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USAmap
All involved city agencies will give updates and will discuss future plans and approximate timelines. The City will also offer Health and Human Services for residents in need.