What we do
Whether by car, by bike, or on foot, the Office of Transportation & Infrastructure Systems (oTIS) helps everyone get around Philadelphia safely.
We lead a group of departments and divisions—including Streets Transportation, Streets Sanitation, and the Philadelphia Water Department —and focus on making sure streets, sidewalks, bridges, and pathways allow people to move smoothly from place to place.
- Vision Zero, eliminating traffic deaths on Philadelphia streets by 2030
- Complete Streets, making it easy to cross the street, walk to shops, and bicycle to work
- Indego Bike Share and the Better Bike Share Partnership
- Route for Change, creating a more inviting Roosevelt Boulevard that is safe, accessible, and reliable for all users
- Philly Free Streets, inviting people to walk, bike, and play on car-free streets
- Automated Red Light Enforcement Program
- Street Furniture Program, adding and replacing transit shelters
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Network Development
Oct1EventBGE Survey Drop-In Day8:00 am to 6:00 pmGermantown Av & Erie Av, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USAEvent
BGE Survey Drop-In DayOctober 1, 20208:00 am to 6:00 pm, 10 hoursGermantown Av & Erie Av, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USAmapThe City of Philadelphia would like to hear from you about the Broad, Germantown and Erie intersection. We have three ideas for improvements to the sidewalks, streets, and the two triangles. Stop by our socially distanced "Survey Drop-In Day" to provide input in-person. Make sure to wear a mask.