To participate in the Zero Waste Partnership, organizations report on their Zero Waste Actions and monthly waste diversion rates. They also complete the required Commercial Waste Report each year.
Zero Waste Actions include:
- Sustainable product purchasing.
- Implementing zero waste education.
- Donating excess stock.
Benefits of partnership
By joining the Zero Waste Partnership, you can:
- Show patrons that your organization is committed to making Philadelphia a cleaner and more sustainable city. Partners receive a branded decal and partnership certificate.
- Become eligible for the Sustainable Business Tax Credit.
- Access Zero Waste Partnership tools and tips.
- Be recognized on Zero Waste Partnership promotional materials.
How to join
Commercial property owners in Philadelphia must submit a Commercial Waste Report each year. These reports provide the City with important information about waste management in Philadelphia.
Zero Waste Action #1 is to comply with Philadelphia’s recycling ordinances.
If you complete more action items, you may be eligible for a higher-tier partnership.
Zero Waste Partners
There are three levels of Zero Waste Partners:
- Partner: Any property that submits a Zero Waste Partnership form monthly and checks off Zero Waste Action #1 (implement the actions and initiatives required by the City’s waste and recycling ordinances).
- Silver: A property that achieves 7 out of 10 Zero Waste Actions and a 70% waste diversion rate.
- Gold: A property that achieves 9 out of 10 Actions and a 90% waste diversion rate.
View the Commercial Waste Report Guide for the list of 10 Zero Waste Actions.
|Organization||ZIP code||Partnership level||Date of partnership enrollment|
|Remark Glass||19148||Gold||January 2019|
|Simply Good Jars||19143||Gold||May 2019|
|Anthony’s Italian Coffee & Chocolate House, Inc.||19147||Silver||July 2019|
|Kitchen Garden Textiles||19128||Silver||May 2021|
|Lobo Mau||19148||Silver||October 2020|
|The Rounds||19103||Silver||February 2021|
|Two Logan Square||19103||Silver||January 2019|
|Wagner Free Institute of Science||19121||Silver||September 2019|
|DiPinto Guitars||19125||Partner||January 2019|
|D&L Bar and Beer||19131||Partner||December 2019|
|Greener Little Seeds, LLC||19125||Partner||May 2019|
|Oat Foundry||19137||Partner||February 2020|
|One Logan Square||19103||Partner||January 2019|
|ShopRite of Fox Street||19129||Partner||December 2019|
|ShopRite of Island Ave.||19153||Partner||December 2019|
|ShopRite of Oregon Ave.||19145||Partner||December 2019|
|ShopRite of Parkside||19131||Partner||December 2019|
|ShopRite of Roxborough||19128||Partner||December 2019|
|The Fresh Grocer of Monument Road||19131||Partner||December 2019|
|The Rittenhouse Hotel||19102||Partner||November 2019|
|Three Logan Square||19103||Partner||January 2019|
|University of Pennsylvania||19104||Partner||April 2021|
- Zero Waste Partnership flyer
- Zero Waste Partnership guidelines
- Building waste generation calculator tool
- Philadelphia disposal, recycling, and donation options
- Zero Waste Guide for Foodservice Establishments
- Zero Waste Guide for Designers
If you have questions about the Zero Waste Partnership or need help enrolling, email email@example.com.