The City of Philadelphia’s Zero Waste initiatives engage residents, businesses and institutions, and City departments in reducing and diverting waste away from the trash to meet the City’s long-term Zero Waste goal.
Zero Waste initiatives include the following:
- Municipal Building Waste Audit Program
- Zero Waste Partnership Program
- Community Composting Network and other food waste diversion programs
- C40 Thriving Cities Initiative
- National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) Food Matters Regional Initiative
- Supporting Zero Waste policies, including the City’s Plastic Bag Ban