Philadelphia Parks & Recreation’s core mission is to provide enriching experiences for all. We fulfill this goal at neighborhood recreation centers. The Rec for All plan looked at how Parks & Rec, and its community and professional partners can:
- Increase the quantity and quality of accessible programming.
- Ensure physical accessibility plans reflect users’ needs.
- Promote positive, inclusive relationships.
This project looked for ways that PPR can strengthen its communities. Communities grow stronger when all members have the chance to:
- Connect with others.
- Build trust.
- Take part in activities that engage their mind and body.
From July 2020 to June 2021, PPR staff engaged Carousel Connections, LLC (a local expert on inclusion) as project lead. The Rec for All action plan is a series of recommendations and resources. In the long-term, this plan seeks to make recreation centers welcoming places for individuals with disabilities and the neurodiverse. The plan looks to:
- Shift from a model of isolation to inclusion.
- Enhance capacity and connection across PPR’s system.
- Provide optimal service for all.
- Support programs and amenities for all, in all neighborhoods.
|Rec For All – Philadelphia Parks + Recreation Inclusion Plan PDF||This plan includes a series of recommendations and resources that seek to make recreation centers welcoming places for individuals with disabilities and the neurodiverse.||May 31, 2022|
|Recreación para todos – Plan de inclusión de parques y recreación PDF||Recreación para todos - Plan de inclusión de parques y recreación: solo texto.||June 1, 2022|