Thousands of city residents and visitors enjoy Philadelphia’s beautiful public spaces every day.
Volunteer with your local park
Join us for an outdoor volunteer project.
We need volunteers year-round to help weed garden beds, plant trees, clear trails, restore forests, and much more!
- Join us on the second Saturday of every month to explore and help restore a different section of Philadelphia’s greenest spaces. Sign up at loveyourpark.org.
- Sign up to Love Your Park every spring and fall.
Community & corporate groups
To create a unique and meaningful outdoor service experience for your group, contact PPRstewardship@phila.gov or call (215) 683-3640.
Get involved with your local Park Friends group.
Friends groups are made up of community volunteers, committed to the long-term support and care of their local park.
If you would like to volunteer in a neighborhood park:
- Check our list of Friends groups to see if your park has an active group
- Contact the listed group to volunteer.
- If you don’t see your park listed, email PPRstewardship@phila.gov or call (215) 683-3640.
Volunteer with recreation centers and other facilities
Recreation centers offer a variety of safe, fun activities for youth during out-of-school time, including sports, arts, and homework help. Volunteers can contribute many skills and talents to support programming. If you would like to assist with an after-school program, sports club, or summer camp at a recreation center, please contact the recreation leader at your area rec center.
To volunteer for an ongoing position at a playground or recreation center, you must receive background clearances. Please read Parks & Rec’s volunteer clearance policy for more information.
Volunteer at an event
In addition to ongoing programming at parks, recreation centers, and other facilities, Parks & Rec coordinates special events. These events include:
- The Broad Street Run, held in May each year, is a decades-old Philadelphia tradition. Even if you won’t be running, you can still join in the fun as an individual or group volunteer.
- The Philadelphia International Unity Cup is a World Cup-style soccer tournament celebrating Philadelphia’s diverse immigrant communities, kicking off in September and leading up to a championship game in November. Volunteers are needed for each weekend’s games.
- Love Your Park Week (May) and Fall Service Day (November) offer volunteer opportunities with Park Friends groups across the city. Help clean and green Philadelphia’s parks with Love Your Park service events in spring and fall: registration typically opens a month in advance.
- TreePhilly is always looking for volunteers to help out at yard tree giveaway events each spring and fall.