What we do
The Innovation Management Team empowers City employees and departments to solve challenges in new ways.
The team focuses on innovating through:
- People (training and empowering employees to think differently about solving challenges).
- Place (providing a space to encourage collaboration and innovation).
- Process (seeking, improving, and implementing ideas and initiatives).
Our innovation work has four components:
- The Innovation Academy trains City employees in creative thinking and problem-solving. It was created by the Innovation team and Jefferson (Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University).
- The Innovation Fund allows City employees to test programs that improve government services. It is funded by the Mayor's Fund for Philadelphia.
- The Innovation Lab is a space for City employees to use for innovative and creative work.
- Innovation Consulting provides workshops for City departments and outside organizations to think about internal challenges in new ways.
1234 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 686-8101