The Division of Development Services provides information about permits and approvals for developments. It also helps individual projects get through the approval process in the most efficient way possible. It answers questions, provides feedback, makes connections with City departments, and helps solve new or unique issues on complicated projects.
The Division of Development Services offers:
- General information about development processes.
- Reviews of preliminary plans and proposals to offer project feedback.
- Introductory meetings with City departments.
- Development Services Committee meetings for large and complicated real estate projects.
The Development Services team will assist:
- Property owners.
- Community groups.
Staff will provide guidance about the permitting and approval processes generally or with regard to specific projects or properties. It may also set up preliminary meetings for developers with City departments. For general assistance, contact Division staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 683-4652.
Development Services Committee
The Development Services Committee (DSC) is open to private, public, or nonprofit developers of complicated projects. DSC meetings can review approvals, permits, studies, sequencing, and other project development issues. These projects can be new construction or conversions.
DSC meetings enable developers to present plans to the DSC and:
- Discuss plans with representatives from each agency related to the project.
- Receive feedback on the necessary regulatory approvals.
- Coordinate or clarify issues that may be regulated by more than one department.
- Establish a prioritization schedule for approvals, utility service, and public actions.
To take part, contact email@example.com or (215) 683-4686. Staff will then provide you with a DSC meeting request form.
Members of the Development Services Committee include:
- Art Commission
- City Planning Commission
- Department of Licenses and Inspections
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Public Property
- Department of Records
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Historical Commission
- Division of Housing and Community Development
- PECO Energy
- Philadelphia Gas Works
- Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation
- Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority
- Philadelphia Streets Department
- Veolia Energy
- Philadelphia Water Department
Development Services Checklist
The following permit and review checklist is intended as an overview of the requirements for real estate development projects in the City of Philadelphia. For additional information on fees, submission requirements, and specific issues please refer to the departmental websites or contacts provided.