Eat, drink, and be merry at the 24th Senior Holiday Gala.
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation is happy to announce the return of the Senior Holiday Gala. The gala took a three-year hiatus, but now the fun is back!
The Gala brings together adults over 55 from across the city for fun, food, and fellowship. This year’s gala takes place:
Tuesday, December 19, 2023
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, 19107.
- Resource Expo at 11 a.m.
- Gala at 12 p.m.
The event is hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and CareGivers America.
Kick off the day at 11 a.m. with educational opportunities including:
- Information about Older Adult Center (OAC) programming.
- Access to important resources available at OACs and other organizations.
From 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., attendees can:
- Dance the afternoon away.
- Take fun pictures in the photo booth.
- Eat a tasty catered meal.
- Enjoy live entertainment.
- Participate in the raffle to win valuable prizes.
- Take home a gift to remember this special day.
The Gala began in 1996 to bring together seniors from across the city for a special holiday-season event. The holidays can be a tough time for some seniors. The Gala gives them something to look forward to. It is an opportunity to celebrate the season with friends in a safe, structured, and fun environment. Past gatherings have been attended by more than 1,200 older adults.
How to attend
Tickets to the gala are $40 per person. Purchase a ticket at these Older Adult Centers:
- Juniata Park Older Adult Center (1251 East Sedgley Ave., 19134)
- Mann Older Adult Center (3201 N. 5th St., 19140)
- MLK Older Adult Center (2101 W. Cecil B. Moore Ave., 19121)
- Northeast Older Adult Center (8101 Bustleton Ave., 19152)
- South Philadelphia Older Adult Center (1430 E. Passyunk Ave., 19147)
- West Oak Lane Senior Center (7201 Ogontz Ave., 19138)
For additional information, contact Barbara.Gillette@phila.gov