PHILADELPHIA –City agencies continue to work with PennDOT, SEPTA, and many other state partners to respond to the partial collapse of I-95 from a vehicle fire.
Yesterday, Mayor Jim Kenney joined Governor Shapiro, and state officials to provide an update on the coordinated response between the City, the Commonwealth, and state and federal partners.
Below are additional updates regarding street closures announced by the Philadelphia Police Department for Monday, June 12. On-going information about City services and operations is available in the City’s blog post in English and Spanish.
Philadelphia Police Detour and Closure Information Along I-95
Philadelphia Police will have the following closures and detours in place if you are traveling on I-95 in the area of the Cottman Avenue exit. Police will be located along the detour route.
Local businesses and deliveries will be provided access. If business owners have any questions or issues, they can contact the Office of Business Services at 215-683-2100 or email@example.com.
Expect delays along the detour and note these are subject to change.
- Castor Avenue on-ramp (for I-95 northbound)
- Aramingo Avenue/I-95 on and off-ramps
- On-ramp to I-95 northbound closed
- Betsy Ross off-ramp to I-95 northbound closed
- Bridge Street ramp
- I-95 on-ramp at Bridge Street closed
- All traffic on Tacony Street will flow northbound only from Bridge Street to New State Road
- Tacony Street and Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
- Tacony Palmyra Bridge traffic onto Tacony Street closed
- All traffic continues westbound on to Levick Street
- Cottman Avenue exit and State Road closures
- State Road from Cottman Avenue to Longshore Avenue will be one-way, southbound travel only.
- Southbound I-95 detour
- Exit I-95 southbound at Cottman Avenue
- At the end of the ramp, right on Bleigh Street
- Follow Bleigh to State Road, make a left onto State Road
- Travel State Road South to Longshore Avenue
- Re-enter I-95 southbound at State Road and Longshore Avenue
- Northbound I-95 detour
- Exit I-95 at Aramingo Avenue
- At the end of the ramp, make a left onto Aramingo Avenue
- Follow Aramingo Avenue to Tacony Street
- Turn right on Tacony Street
- Take Tacony Street northbound around Tacony-Palmyra Bridge loop to New State Road. Continue northbound
- Travel New State Road to Milnor Street and re-enter I-95 northbound
Below are additional updates and resources for travelers provided by state agencies.
PennDOT Closures and Detours
- I-95 Southbound: Route 63 West (Woodhaven Road), U.S. 1 South, 76 East, 676 East
- I-95 Northbound: I-676 West, I-76 West, U.S. 1 North to Route 63 East (Woodhaven Road)
Travelers should expect delays and plan alternative travel routes, especially while planning for their weekday commute. Closures may change as the response continues. Visit pa.gov/i95updates for ongoing updates.
SEPTA’s Travel Options
In order to accommodate travel through the city and region following the I-95 collapse, SEPTA will provide added service on the Trenton Line and added capacity on the West Trenton and Fox Chase Lines Additional information is available in this SEPTA press release. Residents can check online at SEPTA.org and on Twitter @SEPTA for updates and schedules.
PPA Complimentary Parking
The PPA is providing complimentary parking due to the current closure of I-95, complimentary parking will be available at the following PPA-operated SEPTA Philadelphia train station parking lots until further notice:
- Fern Rock Rail Station Lot – 10th & Nedro Streets
- Fox Chase Rail Station Lot – 500 Rhawn Street
- Torresdale Rail Station Lot – 4900 Grant Avenue
Resources for Media
- View Governor Shapiro’s press briefing with Mayor Kenney, City and State officials on Sunday, June 11 at 5 p.m. EST
- Visit pa.gov/i95updates for the latest updates on detours and closures from PennDOT
- Visit SEPTA.org for information regarding extra capacity and service
- Visit the City’s blog post in English and Spanish for on-going information on City services
- Follow the Office of Emergency Management and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation on Twitter
- Sign up for emergency alerts by texting ReadyPhila to 888-777