The first step to getting back on Broad Street is registering for the lottery!
The 2023 Independence Blue Cross Broad Street Run is limited to 40,000 runners. If you want to cross the finish line in South Philadelphia, you’ll need to register for the lottery.
The lottery will be open from 12:01 a.m. on February 1 until 11:59 p.m. on February 15. Runners will be notified of their lottery status the week of February 19.
Here are five reasons not to miss the 2023 Independence Blue Cross Broad Street Run:
- No other race has the iconic Philly backdrop of landmarks like Temple University, City Hall, the Kimmel Cultural Campus, and FDR Park.
- Broad Street Run spectators are famous for their funny signs, loud cheers, and silly costumes.
- The race is a family friendly event. Bring your kids and make a weekend of it.
- Post-race activities are back! Plan to celebrate with friends and loved ones at the finish line.
- The community spirit of fellow Broad Street runners is unlike any other.
The 2023 race will be held at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 30. Runners can register here.