The 24th annual Katie Kirlin Junior Wheelchair Basketball Tournament will take place:
- Saturday, January 22, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 23, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This regional tournament is for athletes ages 8 to 18. The outcome determines who plays in this spring’s National Wheelchair Basketball Association tournament.
Games take place at Parks & Rec sites and the nearby School of the Future.
This year’s tournament is sponsored by Toyota and admission for all is free! Local businesses and sponsors fund the tournament and contribute to the Katie Kirlin Fund.
There are two divisions of play during the tournament:
- The prep division is for younger, beginner athletes.
- The varsity division hosts older and more advanced athletes.
- Katie’s Komets (Philadelphia, PA)
- Bennett Blazers (Baltimore, MD)
- Fairfax Falcons (Fairfax, VA)
- Rolling Fury (New York, NY)
- Ryan Martin Foundation Trojans (Norwalk, CT)
Parks & Rec’s Home Team
About the Katie Kirlin Fund
sponsor wheelchair sporting events.
buy specially designed wheelchairs for athletes.
support wheelchair sports programs.