Our new tax filing and payment website allows you to securely apply for any City tax credit electronically. The process is fast and easy, but you must first create a username and password to take full advantage of this self-service feature.
Taxpayers with a username and password can access a full list of available tax credits right from their Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT) account. This is also where you can conveniently apply for any tax credit.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log into your Philadelphia Tax Center profile,
- Under the “Summary” tab, find your BIRT account,
- Select the “Apply for credit programs” link on this screen,
- Pick a program you wish to apply to,
- Make sure to read the brief instruction before hitting “Next” to access the full application. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. Be sure to check all the eligibility requirements before applying for credits.
If you haven’t created a username and password yet, please visit the Philadelphia Tax Center to do so now. You will need it to apply for business tax credits online, including our Community Development Corporation (CDC) program.
Local businesses that support the City’s economic development efforts may qualify for a CDC tax credit program slot. This year, we have 12 openings, and the application deadline is January 18, 2022. To qualify, businesses must partner with a local CDC for this sponsorship opportunity and pledge to contribute $100,000 per year to that qualifying organization for 10 consecutive years.
If you have trouble applying for business tax credits in the Philadelphia Tax Center, please call (215) 686-6600.