The Philly Holiday Experience is back and better than ever this year, with in-person events, new and old holiday traditions, and plenty of fun to be had throughout the holiday season
PHILADELPHIA – Mayor Jim Kenney today announced details of this year’s new and improved Philly Holiday Experience presented by Independence Blue Cross. From mid-November through the New Year, families and visitors can enjoy a Ferris Wheel and holiday pop-ups at the Wawa Holiday Plaza, admire the VISIT PHILADELPHIA® Holiday Tree powered by NRG, preferred energy partner of the Philly Holiday Experience, attend the first annual VISIT PHILADELPHIA® Holiday Parade, and discover more new ways to celebrate the season throughout the city and region.
The city will kick off the most wonderful time of the year with an in-person tree lighting ceremony on Thursday, December 2 at 7 p.m. on the northside of City Hall. Guests are encouraged to come as early as 5 p.m. for free giveaways. The ceremony, featuring performances by local artists and Disney’s DCappella, is back in-person and better than ever after being held virtually last year due to pandemic safety concerns. The ceremony will also be broadcast live exclusively on 6abc.
The holiday programming continues Saturday, December 4 with the first VISIT PHILADELPHIA® Holiday Parade celebrating all winter holidays – Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, and the Chinese New Year. The parade, kicking off at 5 p.m. at 2nd & Market Streets and ending at City Hall, will feature cold air balloons, marching bands, floats, dance groups, and more. The parade will incorporate arts and culture organizations, reflecting the diversity of the city and all the different ways the holiday season is celebrated throughout Philadelphia. The parade is a must-see event to experience excitement, entertainment, and get in the holiday spirit. Parade goers are encouraged to enjoy the parade all along the Market Street route.
The Philly Holiday Experience presented by Independence Blue Cross is made possible through the generous support of public and private partners including City of Philadelphia, Independence Blue Cross, 6abc, VISIT PHILADELPHIA®, NRG, and Wawa.
Philadelphia is a must-visit destination this holiday season – for area residents and visitors alike – with no shortage of holiday fun happening throughout the city.
PHILLY HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE 2021 HIGHLIGHTS:
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® Holiday Tree powered by NRG: This year’s holiday tree is a 40+ year old Concolor Fir from L.R. Stutzman & Sons, LLC, Division of Yule Tree Farms in Hornell, NY. Located on the Wawa
Holiday Plaza on the north side of City Hall at North Broad Street and JFK Blvd., the tree stands approximately 45 feet tall. The tree will be delivered on Wednesday, November 10 and will be lit on Thursday, December 2. It will be up through New Year’s Day.
The custom-fabricated steel tree base by Proof Productions is returning this year, standing more than 7 feet tall and representing a connection of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods – from Chinatown to Fishtown. The decorative pedestal showcases artful silhouette images of Philadelphia’s famous skyline and icons such as Independence Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. And there will be a soundtrack accompanying the illuminated tree base again this year, featuring a mix of holiday classics and modern tunes, as well as seasonal messages of hope and joy from sponsors and City of Philadelphia leadership.
Guests are encouraged to come experience the VISIT PHILADELPHIA Holiday Tree in-person, but a live stream is also available on phillyholidayexperience.com thanks to 6abc.
6abc presents: City of Philadelphia Tree Lighting Celebration in partnership with Bank of America: The city’s showstopping holiday tree, located on the Wawa Holiday Plaza on the north-side of City Hall, will be lit on Thursday, December 2 at 7:00 p.m. to celebrate the kick-off of the holiday season. This year, viewers are encouraged to come out and be a part of one of the city’s most beloved holiday traditions in-person. The full event will also be exclusively broadcast live on 6abc. The in-person tree lighting ceremony, produced by the Office of City Representative, will feature performances by Philly-based artists and Disney’s premier a cappella singing sensation, DCappella. Beginning at 5 p.m., guests can enjoy giveaways from generous sponsors, including Bank of America, Wawa, NRG, Primark, HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD, Boston Market, Tastykake, and Books in Homes. For more information, visit phillyholidayexperience.com.
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® Holiday Parade: The all-new VISIT PHILADELPHIA® Holiday Parade is the city’s first parade celebrating all of winter’s holidays, including Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and the Chinese New Year. On Saturday, December 4, the parade will kick-off at 5:00 p.m. at 2nd & Market Streets and will proceed up Market, ending at City Hall. Featuring cold air balloons, marching bands, floats, dance groups, and more, the parade is a must-see event for residents and visitors to get in the holiday spirit. The parade will also feature diverse and multicultural groups, including Project Capoeira, Philadelphia Jazz Legacy Project, 5 Shorts Project of CultureTrust Greater Philadelphia, The American Swedish Historical Museum, and many more. Parade goers are encouraged to enjoy the parade all along Market Street – there’s not a bad viewing spot along the route, so bring the whole family out to take part in the holiday cheer!
Parade Viewing Areas:
- Start your parade with Wawa: Wawa will be helping guests cheer on the parade with free hot chocolate and coffee giveaways along Market Street between 2nd & 3rd Street.
- Primark: The Primark store on Market Street is an official watch zone for the Visit Philadelphia Holiday Parade on December 4 with an in-store live DJ, giveaways and more.
- Independence Visitor Center: Terrace on Tap presented by VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is the perfect viewing spot for the parade. Located on the second-floor Liberty View Terrace at Independence Visitor Center, Terrace on Tap features local brews from Workhorse Brewing Co. and Wissahickon Brewing Co., with appetizers, finger foods, light bites, and specialty cocktails by Brûlée Catering. This family-friendly, all-ages venue is an outdoor experience with access to indoor facilities and convenient parking.
- Ship 166 Veterans Float
- Home for the Holidays Float featuring The Philly Pops Saxophone Quartet
- Kwanzaa Float featuring the Holiday Mass Choir
- Chinese New Year Float featuring the CCAC Folk Dance Troupe
- Hannukah Float
- Unity of Families Float sponsored by Boston Market
- Santa Float sponsored by VISIT PHILADELPHIA®
- 78th Army Marching Band, NJ
- Downingtown High School Marching Band, PA (attending tournament of Roses this year)
- Connetquot High School Marching Band, NY
- Acaraje Drum Ensemble, PA
- Easton High School Marching Band, PA
- Unionville High School Marching Band, PA
- Falun Dafa Divine Marching Band and Waist Drum Dancers, NY
- Philadelphia Freedom Band, PA
- Enon Trinity Drum Line and Drill Team, PA
- Fundacion Socio Cultural Diablada Boliviana
- Primark Wrapped Double Decker Bus
- 1949 Willy Jeepster Car
- Miss Philadelphia
- Miss Philadelphia Teen
- Eagles Drumline and Cheerleaders
- SEPTA Holiday Buses
- Betsy Daily Dancers
- Wawa Milk Truck
- Philly PHLASH
- Jane Baron Dance Academy Candy Cane Dancers
- Dance 4 Life Dancers
- Off the Road Holiday Jeeps
- National Park Service
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Philadelphia Police Department
12 Days of Philly Giveaways: From Tuesday, November 23 through Saturday, December 4, follow Philly Holiday Experience social channels and sign up for email updates to participate in our 12 Days of Philly Giveaways and for the chance to win one of the below prizes:
- $100 gift cards:
- Wawa, Primark, Boston Market, Kindy’s Christmas Factory Outlet.
- One (1) night stay for two (2) at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing from VISIT PHILADELPHIA®.
- Google Hub from NRG.
- Localish giftbag with anchor autographed swag and AccuWeather winter weather preparedness kit from 6abc.
- SEPTA Key card preloaded with $50, along with a SEPTA hat and t-shirt.
- Two (2) tickets to the Boyz II Men concert at The Met Philadelphia on February 2 courtesy of Live Nation.
- Family of Four (4) Adventure bundle from HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD.
- Girls’ Night Out package with four (4) tickets to Pretty Woman the Musical at the Academy of Music courtesy of the Kimmel Cultural Campus.
- Ten (10) pairs of orchestra tickets to A PHILLY POPS CHRISTMAS: SPECTACULAR SOUNDS OF THE SEASON! on Wednesday, December 8 courtesy of the Philly POPS.
6abc Dunkin’ Thanksgiving Day Parade: On Thursday, November 25, start your Thanksgiving with Philadelphia’s #1 family tradition – the 6abc Dunkin’ Thanksgiving Day Parade! This year, Dunkin returns for the 11th straight year as title sponsor, joined by NRG, RAM, and ACME as corporate sponsors. The fun kicks off at 8:30 a.m. with a half-hour preview show, followed by 3 packed hours of parade action. The parade starts at 20th Street and JFK Boulevard and then makes its way down the Ben Franklin Parkway to the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The broadcast, shown in nine additional markets across the country, is hosted by Action News’ Rick Williams, Cecily Tynan, Adam Joseph, Karen Rodgers, and Alicia Vitarelli, joined by Good Morning America’s Ginger Zee.
- 6abc’s Website
- Social Media Channels:
Christmas Village: Returning for its 14th season, Christmas Village in Philadelphia will once again transform LOVE Park and City Hall (Courtyard and North Apron) into a traditional, open-air German Christmas Market, open daily between Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25 and Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24, with a preview weekend planned for November 20 to 21. New and returning for this year, Christmas Village will present an extra magical surprise with a double-tier Christmas Village carousel in the City Hall Courtyard, along with a brand-new German food court in the Courtyard. After taking a break last year due to the pandemic, the grand Ferris Wheel and the Kid’s Train will be back within the Wawa Holiday Plaza, along with vendors on the City Hall North Apron.
- Location: LOVE Park (1500 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102) and City Hall
- Dates: November 25 – December 24; Preview Weekend: November 20 & 21, 2021
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday to Saturday: 11 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thanksgiving Day: 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Christmas Eve: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Special Events:
- Willkommen Zurück (Welcome Back Ceremony) – Sunday, November 28th at 3 p.m.
- Family Day – Sunday, December 5
- German American Weekend – Saturday, December 11 – Sunday, December 12
- Website: philachristmas.com
- Social Media:
- Instagram, Facebook & Twitter: @philachristmas
Boathouse Row Lights (Parks & Rec): The City of Philadelphia is excited to celebrate the season by lighting Boathouse Row in honor of Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa. Boathouse Row will be illuminated for Hanukkah from November 28 through December 6, with a virtual program led by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia at 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 6. The Christmas lights on Boathouse Row will be on display from Monday, December 20 through Saturday, December 25, with a virtual program led by the City’s Office of Faith-Based and Interfaith Affairs at 4 p.m. on Monday, December 20. Boathouse Row will be illuminated in honor of Kwanzaa from Sunday, December 26 through Saturday, January 1, with a virtual program led by the Philadelphia Kwanzaa Cooperative at 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 26. Watch EACH virtual program via livestream on the Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement Facebook page. Details about the virtual ceremonies will be available on the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Faith-based and Interfaith Affairs website, and questions can be sent to Rev. Naomi Washington-Leapheart at FaithPHL@phila.gov.
Center City District: Holiday traditions like the Nutcracker, the Macy’s Light Show, Christmas Village and The Rothman Rink. Traditions that are timeless and enduring reinforcing that cities and the magic of urban life are forever. Shopping small at unique boutiques and finding your favorite national brands in one trip. Relax after shopping or shows with a warming cocktail, dinner at a world class restaurant or your favorite neighborhood “joint”. A one-of-a-kind experience you can only get in Center City Philadelphia. The family outing that becomes a holiday tradition – make yours this season in Center City.
Comcast: The Comcast Holiday Spectacular will be back for the 2021 holiday season. The Universal Sphere will also be open for reservations. More updates and details, including opening date and hours of operation, will be available soon through the Comcast Center Campus website and Instagram.
Dilworth Park/Center City District:
- Deck the Hall Light Show: Philadelphia’s premier holiday light experience returns to illuminate the west façade of historic City Hall. The projections will play on a non-stop loop Sundays through Thursdays from 5 – 9 p.m. and on Fridays and Saturdays from 5 – 11 p.m. Beginning November 22 through New Year’s Day.
- The Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market: The Holiday Market will once again transform Dilworth Park into a holiday shopping wonderland from Saturday, November 20 to Saturday, January 1, 2022. Over 50 artisans, designers, crafters, and confectionaries from the greater Philadelphia region will offer decorations, gifts and holiday foods inside white, festively lit tents topped with original Herrnhut Stars.
- Location: Dilworth Plaza 1 S 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102 (Outside City Hall)
- Dates: Saturday, November 20, 2021 – Saturday, January 1, 2022
- Hours: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Fridays & Saturdays, Thanksgiving Day: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Christmas Eve 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Website: madeinphila.com.
- Social Media:
- Facebook: @madeinphila
- Instagram: @philaholidays
- Wintergarden on the Greenfield Lawn presented by TD Bank: An open-air greenspace filled with lights, topiaries, and rustic décor – perfect for photo ops and relaxing strolls. A Chaddsford Winery kiosk offers warm mulled cider for purchase to guests 21 and older. The Albert M. Greenfield Foundation has provided additional support for this season’s Wintergarden.
- Location: Dilworth Park, 1 S. 15th St., Philadelphia, PA, 19102 (West side of City Hall).
- Dates: Open daily. Monday, November 1-Sunday, April 3, 2022.
- Hours: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Website: DilworthPark.org
- Social Media
- FB: Center City District
- IG: @centercitydistrict
- TW: @ccdphila
- Rothman Orthopaedics Ice Rink: Experience the city’s most-anticipated wintertime destination, open 7 days a week. Reservations are encouraged for timed, 90-minute skating sessions. Purchase tickets online ahead of time, and find the full schedule, at ticketsocket.rothmanrink.com.
- Rothman Orthopaedics Cabin: Relax with a visit to the Rothman Orthopaedics Cabin, decorated with elements reminiscent of a ski chalet. Spacious seating is provided for diners ready to enjoy hearty seasonal dishes and sweet bites – perfect for fueling up between skating sessions and shopping trips. Adults 21 and older can enjoy cocktails made with Maker’s Mark Bourbon and Suntory’s Haku Vodka. Favorites like Stella Artois and Michelob Ultra will also be offered. Head outside to the PNC Terrace to enjoy toasty fire pits.
- Woodland Winter at the Rink: The winter season kicks off with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday, November 5 at 11:30 a.m., complete with skating fairies, an enchanted stilt walker and magical snow flurries. In the evening, themed food and drink items will be offered in the Rothman Orthopaedics Cabin. On November 6, opening weekend continues with an ice carving demonstration, crafts for kids and a woodland scavenger hunt and bubble magic with a real-life fairy.
- Weekly events:
- College Nights – On Thursdays from November 11 – February 24, college students pay $2 admission to the rink with valid student ID. Online reservations are encouraged. Skate rental not included. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- Cocktails and Cold Ones – On Wednesdays from November 10 – February 23 from 5 – 7 p.m., sip $6 Hornito’s Tequila cocktails, $5 wine and $4 Blue Point Toasted Lagers, plus discounted weekly food specials, every Wednesday night at the Rothman Orthopaedics Cabin.
Macy’s: Enjoy Macy’s Annual Holiday Windows beginning November 26th, featuring a new story about the journey of a very special reindeer. The spirit of A Christmas Carol lives in Dickens’ Village at Macy’s Center City. New this year, reserve a free spot in this attraction that will be available by reservation only. Open from November 26th through December 31st, reservations will be open five days in advance of the desired visit date. Visits with Santa will continue to be virtual this year via macys.com/Santaland.
Macy’s Christmas Light Show will return to Grand Court once again. The Light Show will run once daily to at 10:30 a.m/ beginning December 1 through December 24 and at 11:30 a.m. beginning December 26 through December 31.
East Market: East Market, Center City’s urban lifestyle destination encompassing the entire block between Market and Chestnut, 11th and 12th streets, will transform into the ultimate holiday destination. This holiday season, East Market will become a magical winter wonderland as hundreds of LED lights come together with a 35-foot tree to create a synchronized, animated light show. Enjoy live music, festive décor, seasonal giveaways and food and drink options provided by East Market tenants. With a range of outdoor holiday activations, East Market has something for everyone this season. Follow @EastMarketPhl on social for updates. Thursdays-Sundays in December.
Delaware River Waterfront Corporation: Celebrate the holiday season at Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest’s Winter Wonderland on the Waterfront. Enjoy skating under the holiday lights, cozying up in a festive cabin or by a firepit, delicious eats, warm beverages and cocktails, and boardwalk rides and games. On December 3, gather your friends and family for the Holiday Tree Lighting Powered by PECO to kick-off the official launch of the holidays on the Philadelphia Waterfront, complete with festive performances.
- Location: 101 S. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Dates: November 26 through March 6
- Website: RiverRink.com
- Social media channels:
- TW: @River_Rink
- FB: RiverRink
- IG: blue_cross_riverrink
Rivers Casino Fireworks on the Waterfront, presented by VISIT PHILADELPHIA®: On New Year’s Eve, the Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest New Year’s Eve Parties on Ice offers a front row view of the Rivers Casino New Year’s Eve Fireworks on the Waterfront, presented by VISIT PHILADELPHIA®. For many years, Philadelphians have come to enjoy two great New Year’s Eve fireworks displays over the Delaware River Waterfront thanks to Rivers Casino. There will be two additional shows this year as well – at 6 p.m. and midnight on NYE. And as a new addition this year, VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is also proudly presenting an additional New Year’s Day fireworks spectacular. Don’t miss any of the excitement including ice skating, music, and fantastic food and drink. This is a ticketed event. Tickets will be on-sale soon at RiverRink.com.
Franklin Square: Visitors can celebrate the magic of the season both day and night in festive Franklin Square. Winter in Franklin Square presented by Citizens featuring the Electrical Spectacle Light Show presented by PECO will sparkle from November 18 – February 27. New this year, Winter in Franklin Square presented by Citizens continues through Sunday, February 27 with new songs incorporated into the Electrical Spectacle Light Show (note new name!).
From November 18 – January 9, enjoy the Franklin’s Winter View with outdoor fire pits and a beautiful indoor heated tent serving a variety of hand-crafted cocktails, classic and spiked hot chocolate, seasonal beers, and wine along with seasonal food. Enjoy the outdoor fire pits and seating throughout the Square as well. One of the highlights of winter fun for all ages is the Chilly Philly Mini Golf presented by IBEW Local 98, transforming Center City’s only miniature golf course both daytime and evenings. Experience lights, seasonal music, and larger than life wintertime friends throughout the course. Franklin Square is open November 18 – February 27 daily (closed November 26, December 25, January 1), 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. The nighttime festivities run 5 – 9 p.m. daily, until 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
Historic District/Old City and Betsy Ross House: At 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 28, the Betsy Ross House will join the Old City Jewish Arts Center to host a Community Menorah Lighting celebrating the first night of Hanukkah. In addition to the lighting, traditional Hanukkah gifts and treats will be offered for guests to take home. On Wednesday, December 1 at 6:30 p.m., get the first peek at this year’s tree designed by Old City’s Petit Jardin en Ville at the Old City Holiday Tree Lighting. Then, be sure to visit in-person during the holiday season to enjoy all the seasonal sights, sounds, and shopping the neighborhood has to offer. Betsy Ross will be onsite to greet guests from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. Festivities kick off at 6 p.m. with a musical performance. Additionally, the Betsy Ross House will be participating in a Shopping Stroll in Old City on Thursday, December 9 from 5 – 7 p.m. The gift shop will be open, and the House will be open for tours. The Mendelssohn Chorus will be doing a pop-up performance in our courtyard that evening. And celebrate Betsy’s Birthday Bash on December 31 to commemorate the 270th anniversary of Betsy Ross’ birth on January 1, 1752. Special events are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include storytelling, a make a birthday card for Betsy Ross craft, and free goodie bags for all paying guests.
PHLASH: The Philly PHLASH Downtown Loop is the quick, easy, and inexpensive connection to key Philadelphia historic attractions and cultural institutions. The PHLASH is currently running weekend service (Friday – Sunday) through December 26 and will then run daily service for the holidays from December 27 – 30 (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.) No service on Christmas Day. PHLASH will also be running a holiday-centric route – a full-service route that stops at all the major holiday locations, including Penn’s Landing WinterFest, LOVE Park for City Hall and Christmas Village, and more. View the route map.
Primark: Primark, the international fashion retailer that offers the latest fashion, beauty and homeware at affordable prices will be joining the community-wide holiday celebration in Philadelphia. Accompany them for giveaways and special surprises at the tree lighting ceremony on December 2 and look for the Primark double decker bus in the Visit Philadelphia Holiday Parade on December 4.
SEPTA Holiday Vehicles: Since 2013, SEPTA’s frontline maintenance and transportation employees have transformed public transportation vehicles into extraordinary works of art for everyone to see and enjoy during the holiday season. There are a total of 12 SEPTA decorated vehicles, including nine buses and three trolleys that represent SEPTA’s many operating locations. The holiday trolleys operate on their respective routes and can be seen throughout the Southwest Philadelphia area. This year, the nine SEPTA holiday buses are making their second appearance at LOVE Park. The SEPTA People’s Choice Awards offer the public the opportunity to view and vote for their favorite vehicle while admiring their impressive production value.
The SEPTA People’s Choice Award will take place at the LOVE Park on:
- Saturday, December 4 from 10 a.m. – 6a.m. with an encore presentation on Sunday, December 5 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The rain date is the following weekend on Saturday and Sunday, December 11 & 12.
For more information about these events and Pop-Up Displays, go to SEPTA.org, ISEPTAPHILLY.COM, and @septa_social
Mummers Parade: Ring in 2022 by attending the annual Mummers Day Parade on New Year’s Day! Don’t miss the time-honored tradition that brings together over 10,000 costumed adults and children as they march from City Hall down Broad Street to Washington Avenue. The Mummers Parade has taken
place for over 120 years and is a family-friendly celebration that delights visitors from Philadelphia and beyond. Learn more here.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
The Philly Holiday Experience would not be possible without the support of our generous partners and sponsors, including the City of Philadelphia, Independence Blue Cross, 6abc, VISIT PHILADELPHIA®, NRG, Wawa, Bank of America, Boston Market, Primark, HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, City of Philadelphia Office of Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy, Tastykake, Books in Homes USA, Christmas Village, SEPTA, Philadelphia Fire Department Foundation, Philly POPS, East Market, Media Copy, Kindy’s Christmas Factory Outlet, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Cashman & Associates, ChatterBlast Media, Defy, Proof Productions, and Sautter Crane.
Mayor Jim Kenney, City of Philadelphia: “We are so excited to bring back The Philly Holiday Experience with in-person events, including the tree lighting ceremony and the new Visit Philadelphia Holiday Parade. Philadelphia is an amazing place full of tradition, and I can’t wait to see residents and visitors enjoying the holidays throughout the city this year. These events showcase the spirit and diversity of our city, and we welcome everyone to come take part in both our returning traditions, as well as our new ones.”
Jeff Guaracino, President and CEO, VISIT PHILADELPHIA®: “The holidays are such a joyous time in Philadelphia, and VISIT PHILADELPHIA is excited to help bring the festivities back to our city and our region in a major way this year. We’re proud to support some of the city’s signature events—the Thanksgiving Day Parade, the City Hall tree lighting and the brand-new VISIT PHILADELPHIA Holiday Parade—and we have a robust marketing plan in place to promote the full Philadelphia holiday experience and ensure that locals and visitors come to town to enjoy our great holiday traditions.”
Bernie Prazenica, President and General Manager, 6abc: “It will be wonderful to see Center City lit with festive lights and bustling with activities this holiday season. We are honored to team up with Welcome America and our corporate partners to spread the holiday spirit in Philadelphia.”
Mike Starck, VP and General Manager, NRG Retail East Division: “NRG is once again excited to join the City in welcoming the community to celebrate the magic of the holiday season together. With the return of the in-person Tree Lighting and the addition of a Holiday Parade, this year’s celebration will be bigger than ever and NRG invites everyone to take part.”
Becky Altemus, Director of Store Operations, Wawa: “We are thrilled to support this year’s Holiday Festival and warm people’s hearts, spirits and bodies with free coffee and hot chocolate during the tree lighting ceremony and holiday parade. Philadelphia is our hometown and it’s always meaningful to support the events and initiatives that truly bring together our city of Brotherly love. Happy holidays everyone!”
Jim Dever, President, Bank of America Greater Philadelphia: “Philadelphia’s Holiday Tree Lighting is a much-loved tradition in Philadelphia each December. As a beacon in the center of the city, the tree showcases the spirit of the holiday season and invites visitors to connect with our city. We look forward to this year’s event bringing our community together once again.”