At Parks & Rec, afterschool programs mean fun, food, and friendship. We are now recruiting participants to join one of our 95+ recreation center afterschool programs. Here are five reasons why young people ages 6-12 love spending their afternoons at “the rec.”
- An afterschool destination. Rec center staff provide high-quality adult supervision to children for three hours after school every weekday. Typical programs run from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., but hours vary by site. Children will benefit from the experience and expertise of caring staff.
- Nutritious snacks. As part of the afterschool program, every child receives a nutritious snack to help fuel an afternoon of playing and learning.
- Neighborhood connections. Students can reconnect with children from around their neighborhood and meet new friends.
- Fun activities. Participants can expect a daily dose of creative fun, with a balance of physical activities, outdoor play, and homework help.
- A safe environment. Throughout the pandemic, Parks & Rec staff have worked hard to keep sites safe, whether for Access Centers, summer camps, or permitted activities. Afterschool programs will follow all COVID-19 safety protocols.
Fun at Parks & Rec never ends, even when the seasons change. Sign your child up for an afterschool program today! Contact your local rec center to register.