Philadelphia knows how important it is to invest in our young learners and students. Providing the city’s students with resources for learning nurtures their minds during critical development stages. Below are resources and links to help connect your children to educational opportunities.
- The School District of Philadelphia’s pre-K registration process is now open.
- Families interested in the City of Philadelphia’s PHLpreK program can visit www.phlprek.org or call (844) PHL-PREK (844-745-7735) to learn more.
- Early Intervention supports are available to families! Learn more about supporting children who may be experiencing developmental delays and visit DBHIDS Early Intervention.
- The School District of Philadelphia’s kindergarten registration processes are now open. Register your child for kindergarten today!
PHLConnectED: Free Internet Access
- PHLConnectED is now available for pre-K–12 households. PHLConnectED provides free internet access to eligible families without reliable internet. Make sure that your child is connected for any online learning or summer activities. To learn more about signing up, dial 2-1-1. For language services, press 8.
- The School District of Philadelphia announced summer learning activities that will be available during summer 2021 for K–12 students. Families can access information about these activities at Philadelphia Summer 2021 Academic Programs.
- The Free Library of Philadelphia’s Summer of Wonder encourages children, teens, and adults to read and engage in literacy activities. The program will run from June 7 to August 13, 2021. For more details, visit freelibrary.org/summerreading and check-in regularly with the Free Library’s Events Calendar for fun activities all summer long.
- Discover more summer 2021 opportunities at phila.gov/PlayItSafePHL.
- Get a library card with the Free Library of Philadelphia! If you live, work, pay taxes, or go to school in Philadelphia, you can get a library card for free. When you have a library card, you can borrow from the Free Library of Philadelphia’s huge collection of books, movies, music, magazines, online resources, and more. Sign up for a library card!
- People are relying on their internet connection more than ever. Check out these 4 in-home WiFi tips that will help ensure that your internet is running smoothly.
- Any Philadelphia resident who needs digital support—from getting internet access to basic technical support to devices—can reach out to a Digital Navigator. Digital Navigators are available at 6 city-based locations by phone and email. Reach out to a Digital Navigator today.