Calling all School District of Philadelphia middle school and high school students: Philly wants to see your creative talent!
Facts on Tap is a new partnership to promote the benefits of drinking tap water. After all, tap water is healthy, affordable, and good for the planet!
To teach Philadelphians about the benefits of tap water, Facts on Tap will produce public service announcements (PSAs – they’re like commercials) based on the best video proposals submitted by students.
Two teams’ (1 middle school and 1 high school) ideas will be professionally produced with PhillyCAM and televised!
That’s right: Your video idea could end up on TV!
Who is eligible to compete?
School District of Philadelphia students (any class, organized after school group, or group of students in grades 6- 8 or 9-12).
Production team must include an adult adviser and at least 5 School District of Philadelphia students.
There are two grade categories: 6-8 and 9-12 grades.
What are the PSA guidelines?
The Proposed PSA should be:
- Between 30-60 seconds in length
- Engaging! Humor and creativity are highly encouraged.
- PSAs should include at least one of the following themes:
- Benefits of tap water for physical wellness
- Benefits of tap water for mental wellness
- Benefits of tap water for school climate
- Benefits of tap water for environmental sustainability
- Tap water affordability compared to bottled water
- How and why to use the hydration station/bottle fillers at school
How can you submit the proposal?
The proposal should be submitted in one of the following formats:
- Rough draft video, shot on a phone or camera
- Storyboard, with pictures of ideas and proposal description
- Script, with intended lines and actions of participants
- If you would like to submit a different proposal format, please contact email@example.com.
- January 24, 2020
Submission form live
- February 21, 2020
Proposal submissions due
- March 13, 2020
Winning schools notified
- March 23 – April 10, 2020
Window for winning video production workshops
- May 3 – May 9, 2020
Public video screenings during Drinking Water Week
- Water resource folder: Find inspiration for your PSA by using these educational resources
- Saul PSA video
- Student videos from California
- Examples of storyboards
- Sample scripts
- Water statistics/info sheets
- Proposal submission form: Submit your final proposal here
- Proposal judging rubric: Check out the criteria for judging submissions
Questions or concerns?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Facts on Tap is made possible by these partners: Philadelphia’s Community Schools, the Philadelphia Water Department/Fairmount Water Works, Get Healthy Philly, Eat Right Philly, GreenFutures, and PhillyCAM.