This weekend is the 22nd annual Katie Kirlin Junior Wheelchair Basketball Tournament:
- Saturday, January 25: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 25: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This regional tournament is for athletes ages 8 to 18. The outcome determines who plays in this spring’s National Wheelchair Basketball Association tournament.
Games take place at Parks & Rec’s Carousel House Recreation Center and the nearby School of the Future.
Admission to the tournament is free and open to the public. This year’s tournament is sponsored by Toyota.
There are two divisions of play during the tournament:
- The prep division is for younger, beginner athletes.
- The varsity division hosts older and more advanced athletes.
- Katie’s Komets (Philadelphia, PA)
- Bennett Blazers (Baltimore, MD)
- Fairfax Falcons (Fairfax, VA)
- Sportable Spokes (Richmond, VA)
- Ryan Martin Foundation Trojans (Norwalk, CT)
Parks & Rec’s Home Team
About the Katie Kirlin Fund
sponsor wheelchair sporting events.
buy specially designed wheelchairs for athletes.
support wheelchair sports programs.