The City of Philadelphia has launched its new water e-billing website. If you are a Philadelphia water customer, MyPhillyWaterBill provides new online services that go beyond billing.
Through the site, you can:
- Set up personalized, automatic payments with a checking or savings account.
- Enroll in paperless billing.
- Make one-time payments with eCheck (free).
- Make one-time payments with a credit or debit card (fees apply).
You can also:
- Review and print up to 13 months of billing history.
- Get email or text-message reminders about your bills and payments.
In addition, the site includes links to:
- Report a water emergency.
- Get assistance when you can’t pay your water bill.
Unlock new services
You will have to create your own MyPhillyWaterBill account to unlock many of the new services. Registering for an account is free, fast and easy. But you need your nine-digit Water Access Code to get started.
Find your Access Code at the top right of your water bill, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
In survey after survey, water customers have listed paperless billing and more self-service tools as top priorities. The Philadelphia Water Department and the Department of Revenue are excited to meet those requests.
Customers who don’t want online billing have no reason to worry. You can still pay your Philadelphia water bill by mail, phone or in person.
For an overview of MyPhillyWaterBill, or to learn how to register for an account, watch the videos below.
Photo credit: WOCinTech / Flickr